BPCL Recruitment 2017 for Management Trainee
BPCL is looking for young, energetic and ambitious Graduate Engineers in the discipline of ‘Mechanical Engineering’ for the post of ‘Management Trainee’. Mechanical Engineers desirous of pursuing a career with BPCL are required to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE 2018.
Eligibility Criteria for BPCL Recruitment 2017
BPCL Educational Qualifications for BPCL Management Trainee Job 2017
Full Time, B.E. / B.Tech / B.Sc (Engineering) through AICTE / UGC approved Indian Universities / Institutes.
- Candidates should have passed the degree in first attempt.
- Candidates with Integrated Courses or courses with 5 year or more course duration would not be eligible to apply for the position.
- The courses offered by Autonomous Institutions should be equivalent to the relevant courses approved / recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) / UGC / AICTE.
- Candidates in the final year of their engineering studies may also apply.
However, you must fulfill the eligibility criteria in all respects of educational qualification, percentage of marks, age, etc. and if short-listed for interviews, you have to submit documentary proof of having passed the degree examination with the required percentage of marks.
Branch / Specialisation : Nomenclature of Qualifying Degree
Mechanical : B.E / B.Tech / B.Sc (Engineering) - Mechanical Engineering
Percentage of Marks :
- Candidates belonging to General and OBC (Non-Creamy Layer / NCL) categories should have secured minimum 60% marks in the qualifying degree examination.
- The applicable minimum percentage of marks for Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / Persons With Disability (PWD) candidates is 50%.
- Candidates in the final year of engineering belonging to General and OBC (NCL) categories should have secured minimum 60% marks( in aggregate upto last semester), relaxable to 50% for SC/ST/ PWD candidates.
- Percentage of marks would be the aggregate of all semesters irrespective of the norms / system being followed in the institute / university.
- Wherever CGPA / OGPA / DGPA or Letter Grade is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University / Institute. Rounding off percentage would not be allowed.
- If you have done diploma in mechanical engineering and joined B.E. / B.Tech / B.Sc. (Engineering) from second year, you need to enter the aggregate marks obtained from second year till your final semester.
Age as on 1.6.2018 :
- General Candidates : Maximum 25 years (born on or after 2nd June 1993)
- OBC (Non Creamy layer) : Maximum 28 years (Born on or after 02.06.1990)
- SC/ST : Maximum 30 years (Born on or after 02.06.1988)
- PWDs (Persons with disability) with degree of disability 40% or above : Age relaxation of up to 10 years (Born on or after 02.06.1983)
- Candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989 : Age relaxation of up to 5 years
- Ex-servicemen & Commissioned Officers (including ECOs & SSCOs, subject to rendering minimum 5 years’ military service and fulfillment of other conditions prescribed by Government of India): Age relaxation of up to 5 years.
Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (NCL) & PWD categories will need to furnish valid caste certificates & PWD Certificates respectively as per the formats prescribed by the Government of India.
For availing the benefits of reservation under OBC (NCL) category :
- The name of caste and community of the candidate must appear in the ‘Central list of other Backward Classes’
- The candidates must not belong to creamy layer. The candidates need to furnish their OBC certificate as per the format prescribed by Government of India and it must not be more than 6 months old.
How to Apply for BPCL Management Trainee Recruitment 2017
1. Graduate engineers from the following discipline desirous of taking up a career with BPCL are required to appear in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE 2018.
- Disciplines Advertised for BPCL : Mechanical
- Corresponding GATE 2018 Paper : Mechanical Engineering
- Corresponding GATE 2018 Paper Code : ME
2. Application process for GATE 2018 is entirely online. After downloading the GATE 2018 admit card and receipt of GATE registration number, candidates need to apply online on BPCL’s website.
3. Candidates will require their GATE 2018 Registration Number for applying to BPCL. The registration number will appear on the GATE 2018 admit card which can only be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites of IISc and IITs. No other number (for eg. GATE 2018 Application / online form no. etc) should be entered while applying to BPCL.
4. The relevant link would be made available from 5th January, 2018 on BPCL’s
5. After completion of the online application form for BPCL, candidates must click on ‘Submit’ to submit the same. If this is accepted, the system will generate a unique application ID along with the completed application form, which would be emailed to the candidate.
6. Candidate should take a print out of completed application, affix his/her recent passport size photograph and sign at the space provided. The same will have to be submitted in case the candidate is shortlisted for further selection process. The passport size photograph affixed by the candidate should be the same as that on the GATE 2018 application form & admit card.
7. If the candidate is called for further selection process, his/her identity would be verified with GATE 2018 admit card and GATE 2018 official score card. 2nd February, 2018 is the last date for submitting the online application for BPCL.
8. Candidates must enter the same name that they have used while applying for GATE 2018. (For example, if the candidate has entered Navin Kumar Singh in the GATE online application, he must enter Navin Kumar Singh (exactly same spelling) while applying to BPCL. He must not enter N K Singh or Navin K Singh etc. while applying to BPCL).
9. Candidates appearing in a different GATE paper (other than that of their Qualifying Engineering discipline) will not be considered for further selection procedure. For example, if a candidate possesses a BE/B.Tech degree in Chemical Engineering and appears for Mechanical paper in GATE 2018, his/her candidature will not be considered for further shortlisting. Candidates must provide correct GATE Registration number while applying to BPCL.
10. BPCL will consider only GATE 2018 marks. GATE 2017 marks or prior to that will not be considered.
BPCL Important Dates 2017
For GATE 2018 :
- Commencement of online Applications for GATE 2018 on the websites of IITs / IISc : 1st September, 2017
- Last date for submission of online Applications for GATE 2018 on the websites of IITs / IISc : 5th October, 2017
- Availability of online admit card : 5th January, 2018 onwards
- Dates of GATE 2018 online examination : 3rd 4th February, 2018, 10th 11th February, 2018
For BPCL :
- Opening of BPCL recruitment website for online submission of applications with GATE 2018 Registration Number : 5th January, 2018
- Last date of submission of online application : 2nd February, 2018
BPCL Selection Process 2017
GATE Scores : Shortlisting based on GATE 2018 Scores in Mechanical Discipline.
Further Short-Listing* :
- Group Discussions / Alternate selection methodology.
- Personal Interviews.
Final Selection : Based on Medical Fitness in Pre - Employment Medical Examination.