HPCL Recruitment 2017 for Technicians
Visakhapatnam - 530011,
Andhra Pradesh, India.
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited invites application for Recruitment to the Technicians.
|Sr No.||Name of Position||Qualification||Current Positions||Backlog Positions||Total|
|1||Technician Operations||Diploma in Chemical Engineering.||23||7||4||18||0||8||0||50|
|2||Technician Boiler||Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Desirable first class boiler competency certificate.||10|
Broad Description of Duties for HPCL Technicians Positions
Sr.No. : 1
Position : Operations Technician
Description of Duties : Operate equipment like all types of Pumps, Compressors, Valves, Exchangers, Columns, Vessels, Furnaces, Heaters, Cooling Towers, Fans, Filters, Reactors, Storage Tanks etc. Monitor & record parameters in log sheets in the field like Pressure, Temperature, Flow, levels & Analyzers readings etc. Carry out simple Lab tests in the field. Drawing Samples as per Laboratory Test schedule and as per requirements. Removal, cleaning & refitting of Oil burners, Soot blowing operation, operation of Motor operated & hydraulic valves locally.
Commissioning, decommissioning and operation of utility and hydrocarbon headers of different sizes. Operation of ID & FD fans. Operation of Steam turbines. Ensure the activities of up-keeping the equipment/machinery. Make operational changes in the units as per standard operating procedures. Ensure Health and Safety of all plant equipment (Static as well as rotary) in the assigned area. Take appropriate steps during emergencies and plant upsets to protect the plant personnel / equipment and inventory. Handle Plant upsets and subsequent trouble shooting.
Sr No : 2
Position : Boiler Technician
Description of Duties : Operate Valves of various sizes, soot blowers, Fuel oil burners & Fuel gas burners, all types of Pumps for various services, Blowers, Fans, Turbines, Heat exchangers of various types, Heaters, Cooling towers, Storage tanks for various services, KOD, Gas Skid , Filters, etc. Removal, cleaning & refitting of Oil burners, Soot blowing operation of Boilers / Waste Heat Boilers, operation of Motor operated & hydraulic valves locally. Commissioning, decommissioning and operation of steam headers of different sizes, Boiler feed water headers, fuel oil headers, Instrument Air headers, Plant Air headers, Condensate headers etc. Operation of ID & FD fans. Operation of Steam turbines. Operation of Boiler feed water pumps. Monitor & record parameters in log sheets in the field like Pressure, Temperature, Flow, levels & Analyzers readings etc.
Drawing Samples as per Laboratory Test schedule and as per requirements. Carry out simple Lab tests in the field. Ensure the activities of up-keeping the equipment/machinery. Make operational changes in the units as per standard operating procedures. Ensure Health and Safety of all plant equipment (Static as well as rotary) in the assigned area. Take appropriate steps during emergencies and plant upsets to protect the plant personnel / equipment and inventory. Handle Plant upsets and subsequent trouble shooting.
A. HPCL Educational Qualification for HPCL Technician Post
Minimum Educational Qualifications for Employment :
- Candidates should have passed qualifying diploma examinations in relevant disciplines. All the qualifications should be full time regular course recognized by respective State Board or applicable competent authority. Courses offered through part time or distance mode for employed person will not be entertained for the purpose of educational eligibility criteria.
- Candidates possessing higher qualification such as degree in engineering, AMIE etc. are not eligible for consideration and need not apply.
- Candidates (belonging to General and OBC-NC category) should have secured minimum 60% (aggregate in all semesters/years) marks in qualifying diploma examinations, relaxed to 50% (aggregate in all semesters / years) marks for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Minimum Age : 18 Years (as on 1st May, 2017)
- Max Age Limit : 25 Years (as on 1st May, 2017)
B. Concessions / Relaxation in HPCL Recruitment 2017
- Reservation of posts for SC, ST and OBC-NC are as per Government Directives.
- Reservation to PWD (Persons with Disabilities) candidates will be applicable as per Government guidelines.
- The positions (Operations Technicians and Boiler Technicians ) requires climbing of tall structures, columns and tanks by stairs and monkey ladders , quick response to unit emergencies or process upsets. All applicants are required to ensure their suitability to the above positions before applying.
- The reserved category candidates are required to submit the original caste certificate in prescribed format of Government of India, issued by the competent authority at the time of Skill Test, in support of their claim. In addition, the OBC-Non Creamy layer candidates will be required to submit a valid caste certificate in the prescribed format applicable for purpose of reservation in appointment to posts under Government of India/Central Government Public Sector Undertaking as contained in DOPT Memo No. 36036/2/2013- Estt. (Res.) dated 30-05-2014 from a competent authority issued in the year of advertisement. Further the OBC-NC candidates will have to give a self-undertaking, at the time of Skill Test if called for, indicating that they belong to OBC-Non Creamy Layer.
- The OBC candidates who belong to “Creamy Layer” are not entitled for concession admissible to OBC-NC candidates and such candidates will have to indicate their category as Unreserved (UR). The applicable formats of caste / community certificate are available on our websites www.hpclcareers.com and www.hindustanpetroleum.com
- If the SC/ST/OBC-NC/PWD certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
- Maximum age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC & ST, 3 years for OBC-NC candidates, as applicable and 10 years for PWD (UR), 13 years for PWD (OBC-NC), 15 years for PWD (SC/ST) candidates, as applicable.
- Any request for change in Category (General/SC/ST/OBC-NC/PWD) once filled in the online application form, will not be considered and accordingly concession / relaxation applicable will not be extended.
- Maximum age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 01.01.1980 and 31.12.1989.
- In case of ex-servicemen who have put in not less than six months continuous service in the Armed Forces of the Union, they shall be allowed to deduct the period of such service from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed by more than three years the maximum age limit prescribed for the post or service for which a candidate seeks appointment, he/she be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit.
- Relaxed standards in assessment/selection will be applicable for SC, ST, OBC-NC and PWD candidates.
C. HPCL Selection Procedure for Technicians Job
Candidates fulfilling all of the above eligibility criteria for respective positions will be called for a Written Test / Computer Based Test comprising of General Aptitude Test and Technical / Professional Knowledge. The Written Test / CBT is likely to be conducted at 5 Centers. i.e., Mumbai, Vishakhapatnam, Kolkata, Chennai & Delhi. However, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited reserves the right to cancel or add any Center. Candidates may be called for written test at any center other than his choice.
Candidates qualifying in the Written Test / CBT will be called for Skill Test, in order of the category-wise and position wise merit list (as per cut - off marks decided by Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited). Skill test shall be of “qualifying nature” only. The candidates qualifying Skill Test will have to appear for pre-employment medical examination. Reference for a medical examination does not mean final selection.
D. Physical / Medical Fitness :
Desirous candidates seeking employment with Hindustan Petroleum need to be medically fit as per Hindustan Petroleum’s pre-employment medical standard. It may please be noted that Defective Color vision is a disqualification under Pre Employment Medical norms of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited. A list of medical tests/examinations required to determine general suitability of candidates is available at www.hindustanpetroleum.com
F. How to Apply for HPCL Technician Post
Candidates are requested to read the complete instructions here under before proceeding to the application form :
- The candidates need to apply online for the position. Login to www.hindustanpetroleum.com and click on Career Opportunities.
- The relevant link is available for on line submission of application under ‘Careers Opportunities’ section on www.hpclcareers.com or www.hindustanpetroleum.com. Online submission of the application will be allowed on the website up to 8th June, 2017 up to 2359 hrs. No other mean / mode of the application shall be accepted.
- Candidate should keep scanned copy of latest passport size photo (in jpg / gif format less than 50 kb) ready before filling online application form.
- Fill in the online form with all the relevant details. Upload scanned copy of your latest passport size photograph in the online application form.
- Click Submit. You will get a system generated 12 Digit Application No. Please note that this application No. is important and will be required for all future references throughout the selection process. Take printout of the Online Application Form, affix recent passport size photograph, put signature at the space provided and keep safely for future reference.
- Candidates are “NOT” required to submit hard copy of application form to Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited . The details filled in the online application form will be considered final and no changes will be entertained w.r.t. personal / any other details.
- Application Fee for HPCL Technicians Recruitment 2017
- Applicants are required to pay a Non-Refundable Amount of 600/- (fee inclusive of service tax @ 15% and bank charges of 35/-). Applicants can make the payment of fee thru challan or on line thru debit/credit card by choosing appropriate mode at the time of filling online application.
- SC, ST and PWD candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
Mode of Payment for HPCL Recruitment 2017
- Payment through challan at State Bank of India (SBI) : Under this option candidates are required to take a print of ‘2 part challan’ (1. Candidate copy, 2. Bank copy) along with filled application form. Non-Refundable Amount of 600/- (fee inclusive of service tax and bank charges of 35/-) for General & OBC-NC candidates is to be deposited through pre-printed challan in Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited Powerjyoti A/C Number 32315049001 at any branch of SBI across country after two working days from date of online application.
- Candidates are required to ensure that bank affixes ‘payment received’ stamp and Journal no. on two parts of challan. Candidates are required to collect the ‘Candidate’s copy’ of 2 part challan from bank and preserve the same for future reference. Once the payment is received by Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited against the application no., payment status will change to “Payment Received”. Please ensure that your payment status is changed to “payment received” within 3-4 working days from the date of payment of application fee as the applications with other payment status will not be accepted. In case payment status is not updated within 3-4 working days then kindly send the scanned copy of paid challan to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Payment through Debit / Credit card : Under this option candidates can pay applicable application fee online by using Debit/ Credit card. The payment status will automatically change to “Payment Received”, immediately on successful receipt of fees. In case the payment status does not change immediately, candidates are required to retry payment through Debit / Credit card or pay through challan at SBI.
- All the candidates must ensure that the payment status is “Payment Received”. The transaction will be considered “incomplete” in case of any other payment status due to any reason. Once the payment is done, candidates are required to take print of acknowledgment of payment and preserve the same for future reference. No other mode of payment than those mentioned above will be accepted.
Note : Application fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before payment of application fees.
Last Date to Apply for HPCL Recruitment 2017
Closure of HPCL Online Application : 8th June, 2017
Closure of payment of Fees thru challan : 10th June, 2017