Balmer Lawrie invites applications from professionals for the following posts:
Balmer Lawrie, a public sector company under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, is a professionally managed, multi-location, diversified conglomerate having presence in manufacturing as well as services sectors, with a consistent track record of growth and profitability. High standards of customer service, innovative outlook and dedicated human resources have enabled the Organization to achieve leadership position in many of its businesses.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
The Company operates in various business segments through Strategic Business Units [SBUs] and Joint Venture Companies [JVCs]. It is the market leader in Industrial Greases & Specialty Lubricants, Steel Barrel, Corporate Travel and Logistics Services. The Company also has significant presence in most of the other businesses it operates in, namely, Refinery & Oil Field Services [ROFS], Leather Chemicals, Logistics Infrastructure, etc.
The company is looking for qualified and experienced professionals to man a key Executive role as per details given below:
- Role : - Deputy Manager [ Product Development Center] ; SBU G : - Leather Chemicals ; Grade : - E2 (50000 – 160000 ; No. of Vacancies : - 1 (One) Post ; Minimum Qualification (only UGC/AICTE/ Govt. of India/State Govt approved Institutes/ Universities) : - Full time regular MSc /MTech in Chemistry / Polymer /Surface Science or related Chemical field (excluding Part time /correspondence / distance learning) ; Preferred Qualification : - PHD in Chemistry /Polymer /Surface Science or related chemical field shall be given preference : - Max Age (years)* : - 32 Years ; Minimum Post Qualification Relevant Experience (years) : - Number of years spent in full time research for doing Ph.D. will be considered as part of minimum post qualification experience in case of candidates are pursuing / have qualified Ph.D.
(Candidates with Post-doctoral research experience and knowledge of synthesis and characterization of surfactants, oils and fats and/or those having similar experience in acrylics, phenolic, melamine etc. shall be given preference. Proven expertise in the subject areas mentioned above shall be evidenced in the form of scientific research papers in peer reviewed journals and patents filed. Prior work experience in industry segments such as leather chemicals, personal care, agrochemicals, adhesives coatings etc. are desirable)
Online submission of application is permitted on the website http://www.balmerlawrie.com/pages/currentopening between 0000 hours on 21.01.2020 till 2359 hours on 17.02.2020.
2. Avenues for career growth in the organization shall be governed by the prevailing rules & practices depending on the qualification & performance.
For any queries please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the ref.no. of the advertisement and position name as subject or contact 033-22225218. *Applications sent directly to the above mail id shall be summarily rejected, Applications submitted using the ‘Online’ format shall only be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Please register yourself using the link https://careers.balmerlawrie.com/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_candidate_registration?sap-client=100#
Grade(s) Basic Scale (Rs.) Initial Basic Pay (Rs.) CTC at the beginning of the scale (Rs / lakhs per annum) E2 50000-160000 50000 13 Lakhs per annum
CTC shall include Basic Pay, DA, HRA, Other Perks & Allowances, Performance Related Pay, encashment of earned leaves, work related benefits and Retiral benefits as applicable in the grade as per rules of the Company. (Post-Retirement Medical Coverage Scheme is applicable to candidates who are 50 years of age or below as on date on which they come on the regular rolls of the Company. However, this condition shall not be applicable in case of candidates who join after resigning from any CPSE, provided the total of past service in the CPSE and future service in the company till the date of normal retirement is 10 years or more). All the benefits will be governed by the policy of the Company in force and as amended from time to time.
Candidates employed with Government Departments/ CPSUs / Autonomous Bodies should to apply through proper channel, obtaining necessary NOC which is required to be submitted at the time of the interview. In the absence of NOC, no benefit related to continuity of service and/ or Pay Protection shall be admissible to an applicant who is presently serving Government Departments/ CPSUs / Autonomous Bodies.
- Position Title Deputy Manager [Product Development Center] SBU Leather Chemicals Grade E2 (50000 – 160000) Maximum Age 32 years as on 17.02.2020 Minimum Qualification Full time regular MSC /MTech in Chemistry / Polymer /Surface Science or related Chemical field (excluding Part time /correspondence /distance learning)) Minimum Experience (Years) 5 years as on 17.02.2020. Number of years spent in full time research for doing Ph.D. will be considered as part of minimum post qualification experience in case of candidates are pursuing / have qualified Ph.D. Preferred Qualification PHD in Chemistry /Polymer /Surface Science or related chemical field shall be given Preference. Preferred experience Candidates with Post-doctoral research experience and knowledge of synthesis and characterization of surfactants, oils and fats and/or those having similar experience in acrylics, phenolic, melamine etc. shall be given preference. Proven expertise in the subject areas mentioned above shall be evidenced in the form of scientific research papers in peer reviewed journals and patents filed. Prior work experience in industry segments such as leather chemicals, personal care, agrochemicals, adhesives coatings etc. are desirable Indicative Job Description The incumbent shall be expected to be a part of a team that powers the new product development of the SBU. 1. S/He shall be required to undertake regular literature surveys from databases like scifinder etc. to explore avenues for new product development. 2. Actively participate in product ideation projects that may not be limited to leather chemicals domain alone. 3. Keep abreast of technology developments in the industry. Bring forth recommendation for opportunities to promote innovation into new application products. 4. Coordinate closely with the marketing and sales team to develop product ideas, establish new products, interface with customers and participate in trials. 5. Develop innovative solutions to address market needs and explore opportunities to create intellectual property / patents. 6. S/he will be required to drive RM substitution initiatives/ product re-engineering initiatives, map competitions/ offering and develop new products to respond. 7. Incumbent shall be responsible for day to day operations of the Pilot Plant in the Company’s Product Development Centre. 8. Incumbent shall be required to independently handle projects up to Lab Batches and then support production team with SOPs to start commercial production 9. Incumbent shall be responsible for handling all day to day activities related to the management, administration, including calibration/ maintenance of the various instruments in the lab of Product Development Centre. 10. Develop and nurture contacts with universities and research institutions in India and coordinate joint scientific collaborations, present scientific research papers in conferences and seminars. 11. The ideal incumbent should have experience in handling projects related to development of new product, synthesis and its characterization and preparation of methodology/ SOP etc. 12. S/he should have exposure to handling and knowledge of instruments like GC / HPLC, Tensiometer etc. The incumbent should have idea of scaling up on a products up to pilot level. Note: The above is only indicative and not exhaustive
Other General Conditions:
1. Before applying for the post, candidates should ensure that he/she fulfils the MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY and other criteria mentioned in this advertisement. BALMER LAWRIE & CO. LTD. being the Appointing Authority would be free to reject any application at any stage of the recruitment process, if the candidate is found ineligible for the post for which he/she has applied. No correspondence shall be entertained in this regard. 2. All Minimum Eligibility conditions as mentioned in the advertisement shall also be considered as Essential Eligibility conditions. The Company shall be within its rights to reject the candidature of an applicant at any stage of selection process if the applicant does not meet the minimum eligibility conditions. 3. No claim of possession of a qualification equivalent to a prescribed qualification would be entertained and decision of the Company in this regard would be final and binding. 4. In case the post applied for is not mentioned clearly & correctly an application is LIABLE FOR BEING REJECTED SUMMARILY without any correspondence. 5. Incomplete applications, applications not as per the prescribed format or applications received after the due date ARE LIABLE FOR BEING REJECTED SUMMARILY without any correspondence. 6. All the details given in the online application form will be treated as final and no changes will be entertained. 7. Request for change of Mailing address / Email / category / posts as mentioned in the application will not be entertained. 8. The prescribed qualification / experience are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle a candidate for shortlisting and or final selection. Candidates will be shortlisted based on the relevance and quality of experience vis-à-vis the requirements of the advertised role. The Company’s decision shall be final in this regard. 9. All minimum eligibility qualifications, where applicable, should be recognized by UGC/AICTE/ Govt. of India/State Govt and from UGC/AICTE/ Govt. of India/State Govt recognized/affiliated institutes/colleges/universities as on the date of passing. Candidates, shall be required to submit an undertaking in the prescribed format to that effect at the time of submission of original testimonials before being advised for Medical Examination. Application of such shortlisted candidates not submitting the undertaking in the prescribed format shall be summarily rejected & no refund of fees (submitted if any) shall be made. In the event where the qualification acquired is not found to be recognized by UGC/AICTE/ Govt. of India/State Govt recognised University/ Institutes post selection, the appointment shall be terminated without further notice. 10. The job description(s) mentioned above is only indicative. It may change based on the requirement of the company and discretion of the management. 11. Only short listed candidates who are found primafacie eligible based on the details given in the application form will be called for the written test and / or personal interview as the case may be. 12. Category (SC/ST/OBC[NCL]/PWBD/Ex-Servicemen/General) once mentioned in the application form will not be changed and no benefit of other category will be admissible later on. 13. The Candidates should correctly enter the Start Date & End Date in DD.MM.YYYY FORMAT for work experience details as the same shall be reckoned for checking eligibility against Post Qualification relevant Experience. If any data not entered or incorrectly entered, the application shall be rejected without any correspondence with the candidate. 14. The OBC candidates who belong to “CREAMY LAYER” are not entitled for relaxation of age and/or for consideration against reserved positions 15. Relaxations / Reservations etc. for SC/ST, PWBD, OBC (Non Creamy Layer) & EWS will be as per Government Rules. 16. Candidates from SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/PwBD category should produce the original caste/ class/ disability certificate issued by Competent Authority in the prescribed format as given in our website as per the guidelines of Government of India in support of their claim, at the time of interview. In case, the candidate fails to produce the certificate issued by Competent Authority, his / her candidature will not be considered and his/ her travelling expenses will not be reimbursed. 17. Candidature of the candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement or such information is not supported by appropriate documentary evidence. 18. The Company reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the advertised positions without assigning any reason whatsoever. 19. The Company reserves the right to shortlist candidates depending upon the number of vacancies and application received, etc., and also to decide the modalities for recruitment whether through Interview / Written Test/ Group Discussion or all of these and the venue/schedule thereof. 20. The Company reserves the right to offer position in appropriate lower Grade & Salary. 21. Any canvassing directly or indirectly by the applicant will disqualify his/her candidature. 22. The candidates should clearly and correctly write their mobile number and correct email address. Please note that the intimation for interview will be given through email addresses only. 23. At any stage of this recruitment process including after recruitment or joining, in case it is found that the candidate has indulged in any of the following or similar activity, the said applicant shall be liable to be disqualified, prosecuted and debarred for all appointments in BALMER LAWRIE & CO LTD and his/her application / appointment shall be rejected with no reimbursement of travel fare or in case of detection after appointment, his/ her services will be summarily terminated: a. Has submitted misleading information or false documents b. Has suppressed any relevant material fact(s) c. Has submitted information not in conformity with the eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement
d. Has resorted to unfair means during the Written Test /Recruitment process e. Is found guilty of impersonation f. Has created disturbance affecting the smooth conduct of the Selection Process at the centre/ venue for the process selected by the Company or at any other stage g. Has uploaded non-human or irrelevant photograph. BALMER LAWRIE & CO LTD shall not entertain any correspondence from such candidates. 24. Those short listed for the Selection Process shall be intimated through e-mail. They are required to bring the following original certificates along with self-attested photocopies as documentary proof at the time of interview: Proof of Age, Educational Qualifications (All the Mark sheets & Certificates) Service Certificate of past employment & proof of date of joining & its continuity in the present Organization Last Salary Certificate/ Payslips (Last 3 months) (where applicable) Copy of Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Class (OBC)/ Persons with Benchmark Disability (PWBD) certificate, if applicable from the Competent Authority. OBC certificate produced by candidates should clearly indicate that they do not belong to creamy layer. In the absence of any of the above documents, the candidate may not be allowed to appear for interview and in that case, no travel expenses shall be reimbursed. 25. Out Station Candidates called for Interview shall be entitled for to & fro travel reimbursement from the mailing address mentioned in the on-line application form to the venue of interview by the shortest route as per rules. The mode and class of travel shall be intimated to the candidates as part of the mail sent to the candidates with details of the interview. Candidates providing mailing address of a country other than India, in the application form, will be reimbursed to and fro fares as per the entitlements, from the port of arrival in India to the venue of interview by the shortest route as per rules. The candidate will be required to fill in the Travelling Allowance (TA) form at the Interview centre and submit proof for travel undertaken. 26. The number of vacancies is indicative. The Company reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of vacancies purely on need basis at any point of time during recruitment process. 27. The Location/ Place of posting mentioned are indicative, selected candidate shall be required to work in any location in India or outside the Country including assignments to Company’s Joint Ventures/ Associates. 28. Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed travel expenses as per the rules of the Company. 29. Any communication as regards extension of last date of application shall be published on the Company’s website only. 30. In case it is found at any stage that the candidate is not meeting the requirements as laid down in the advertisement, his/her candidature may be cancelled. 31. Balmer Lawrie shall not be responsible for any loss of email/communication letter sent, due to invalid/wrong email id/wrong postal address/postal delays/loss in transit etc. No request in this regard will be entertained. 32. No Correspondence shall be entertained by the Company with regard to recruitment. The list of selected candidates shall be uploaded on the company website career page. 33. Any information or communication with regard to the advertisement related to the position or changes in the minimum requirements, terms & conditions, extension of last date of application, cancellation of the advertisement etc. shall be published on the Company’s website only. So the candidates must check the Company’s website for updated details. 34. Any query with regard to the application process may be sought by putting a feedback in the http://balmerlawrie.com/feedback link. 35. The court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Kolkata. *
2. Position Title Deputy Manager [Industrial Sales] SBU Greases & Lubricants Grade E2 (50000 – 160000) Maximum Age 32 years as on 17.02.2020 Minimum Qualification Full time regular Degree in Engineering with specialization in Mechanical/ Chemical (excluding part time/ correspondence/ distance learning) Preferred Qualification 2 Years full time MBA/ PGDM in Sales /Marketing. Minimum Experience (Years) 5 years as on 17.02.2020 Preferred Experience Candidates with experience in Sales / Marketing in Lubes in Industrial segment shall be preferred Indicative Job Description The incumbent will be responsible for the following: 1. To generate Sales for the SBU in the Business to Business & industrial distributor segment in assigned territory. 2. To generate and scout for potential new customers in the assigned territory as per the SBU business policy. 3. To collect payment and statutory forms etc. as per the SBU guidelines. 4. To maintain and ensure optimum stock level in the stock points. 5. To liaison with OE so that approvals can be Obtained 6. Customer accounts reconciliation on a continuous basis & maintenance of MIS for assigned customers. Note: The above list is indicative only and not exhaustive
Note: 1. Online submission of application is permitted on the website http://www.balmerlawrie.com/pages/currentopening between 0000 hours on 21.01.2020 till 2359 hours on 17.02.2020. 2. Avenues for career growth in the organization shall be governed by the prevailing rules & practices depending on the qualification & performance.
3. Position Title Assistant Manager [Retail Sales] SBU/ Function Greases & Lubricants Grade Executives’ Grade E1 (40000 – 140000) Maximum Age 27 years as on 17.02.2020 30 years as on 17.02.2020 30 years as on 17.02.2020 Minimum Qualification Full time regular Engineering Graduate or 2 Years full time regular Post Graduate Degree in Management /MBA (excluding part time /Correspondence/distance learning Graduate Degree in any discipline with Post Graduate Diploma / Diploma of Minimum 1 Year Duration in Sales & Marketing or in related discipline (excluding correspondence /distance learning) Graduate Degree in any discipline Minimum Experience (Years) 1 year as on 17.02.2020 4 year as on 17.02.2020 6 year as on 17.02.2020 Preferred Qualification Candidate with BE/ BTech /BSc having MBA/ PGDM in Sales & Marketing will be preferred Preferred Experience Candidates with experience in Sales through dealer /distributor or Network would be preferred Indicative Job Description The key responsibilities of the incumbent will be: 1. Proper implementation of the marketing strategy and to achieve the annual sales target as per strategic plans of assigned territory. 2. To plan, drive and conduct Dealer, mechanic, fleet owners meet and other market meets to popularize the BALMEROL brand and sales. 3. Selection and appointment of new Distributors/ Channel Partners. 4. Increasing the sales by adding new Dealers/Retailers in the assigned territory. 5. Develop and execute new initiates towards increasing the Distributors/ Retailers/ Garages. 6. Communicating to Channel Partners, various schemes of incentives and promotion and Co-ordinate with production for delivery of customers’ requirements on time. 7. Ensure compliance of all statutory guidelines and creation of MIS reports w.r.t sales, competition, packing analysis, and other required/necessary data to Regional Head. Note: The above list is only indicative and not exhaustive
The cut-off date for post qualification relevant experience & maximum age is 17.02.2020. All candidates who are eligible as on the cut-off date may apply for the currently advertised positions. Panel may be drawn as against interviews conducted, if any, during this recruitment process, for filling of similar vacancies arising in future as per the Recruitment Rules of the Company.
# Number of years spent in full time research for doing Ph.D. will be considered as part of minimum post qualification experience in case of candidates who are pursuing / have qualified Ph.D.
Person with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) are eligible to apply for all positions.
Note: Maximum age is relaxable by 5 years for SC / STs & 3 years for OBCs (Non-Creamy Layer). For PwBD candidates' age is relaxable by 10 years [15 years for SCs / STs & 13 years for OBCs (Non-Creamy Layer)]. For Ex-Servicemen & Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers or Short Service Commissioned Officers, maximum age is relaxable by the length of military service increased by 3 years. Reservation for SC, ST, OBC (Non-Creamy Layer), PwBD & Economically Weaker Sections will be as per Govt, of India Rules.
Balmer Lawrie invites applications from professionals for the following posts:
- SBU / Function : - Refinery & Oil Field Services (ROFS) ; Position : - Junior Officer [Site Operations] ; Grade (Pay Scale) Rs. :- 01 (21750-65000) ; No. of Posts : - 01 Posts ; Minimum Qualification (only AICTE/ UGC/ Central Govt./ State Govt, approved Institutes/ Universities) : - Diploma (Undergraduate - Engineering) - Chemical ; Max. Age (years)** : - 30 Years ; Minimum Post Qualification Relevant Experience (years)** : - 03 Years
- SBU / Function : - Logistics Infrastructure ; Position : - Junior Officer [Operations] ; Grade (Pay Scale) Rs. :- 01 (21750-65000) ; No. of Posts : - 03 Posts ; Minimum Qualification (only AICTE/ UGC/ Central Govt./ State Govt, approved Institutes/ Universities) : - Graduate (Any Discipline) ; Max. Age (years)** : - 30 Years ; Minimum Post Qualification Relevant Experience (years)** : - 03 Years
** The cut-off date for post qualification relevant experience & maximum age is 02.03.2020. All candidates who are eligible as on the cut-off date may apply. Panel may be drawn from the recruitment process which will be valid for 1 (one) year from the date of approval of the panel by the Competent Authority and it may be used to fill vacancies arising during that year.
* This is only indicative. Panel may be drawn from the recruitment process to fill drop out or future vacancies.
Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) are eligible to apply for all the positions.
Note: Maximum age is relaxable by 5 years for SCs/STs & 3 years for OBCs (Non-Creamy Layer). For PwBD, candidates’ age is relaxable by 10 years [15 years for SCs / STs & 13 years for OBCs (Non-Creamy Layer)]. For Ex-Servicemen & Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers or Short Service Commissioned Officers, maximum age is relaxable by the length of military service increased by 3 years.
Reservation for SC, ST, OBC (Non-Creamy Layer), PwBD & Economically Weaker Sections will be as per Govt, of India Rules.