Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoH&FW) is seeking applications (CV) from eligible candidates for the position of Executive Director for National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), New Delhi.
The Executive Director will be over-all-in-charge of the NHSRC including co-ordination of technical inputs from other experts of the NHSRC and co-ordination with all the States/UT’s and the Programme Divisions of MoH&FW.
The Terms of Reference (TOR) and other details of the position and information on ‘how to apply’ is available on websites www.nhsrcindia.org, www.mohlV/.nic.in,www.dopt.gov.in and www.devnetjobsindia.org.
1- Eligibility and Qualifications
1. A- ESSENTIAL:
• Post Graduate Medical or Public Health Qualification or MBA from an institution of repute with specialization in Health Management / Public Health Management / General Management /Masters in Social & other Sciences / Public Policy / Public Administration with a minimum of 20 years of post-qualification work experience of which at least 10 years is in an area of public health or health systems strengthening, preferably in a leadership position.
• Excellent communication, writing & presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, fluency in English and atleast one other Indian language.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment and also taking initiative.
• Capacity to effectively co-ordinate and partner with different levels within Central and State Governments, academic and research institutions, civil society & other stakeholders for the implementation of public health programmes.
1. B- DESIRABLE:
• Proven track record to lead health sector reforms and assist National and / or State Governments with various forms of technical assistance to build capacity for implementation of Public Health Programmes.
• Working Knowledge of Hindi.
2. Role and Responsibility
The Executive Director will be over-all-in-charge of the NHSRC including co-ordination of technical inputs from other experts of the NHSRC and co-ordination with all the States/UT’s and the Programme Divisions of MoHFW. She/He will:
1. As ‘Member Secretary’ of the Society registered as NHSRC, be responsible for looking after all the business of the Society.
2. Lead the team to undertake situational analyses of different components of health sector and different health programmes with complete involvement of states / UT’s and contribute evidence to policy making.
3. Guide the preparation of policy proposals for organizational capacity building and reform at the State, District and Sub-District levels, institutionalization of integrated planning and management, strengthening and streamlining of financial management systems, strengthening and streamlining of procurement and logistics, standardization of norms (services, staffing and infrastructure) at the primary and secondary levels, strengthening and streamlining of Health Management Information System (HMIS) and M&E.
4. Lead and guide senior advisors and consultants to assist the States in development of social mobilization campaign for community involvement and Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) strategy.
5. Lead & facilitate development of the institutional mechanisms for local planning and community processes, including training and orientation of PRIs and other local government structures, community health volunteers, village committees etc.
6. Lead NHSRC to analyse the skill requirements for public health programmes and strengthened health systems in different states and create framework for capacity building for Health Human Resource Development in Central and State Governments.
7. Develop NHSRC capacities to i. anticipate, plan and develop strategies and engineer sector reforms in all their diversity and complexity. ii. provide technical support to states to establish SHSRC and build the capacity of existing SHSRCs
8. Help mobilize technical assistance for states including the preparation of Terms and Reference, inviting proposals / applications and facilitating recruitment / selection etc.
9. Ensure excellence in programme management and evaluation, including financial management programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent and high quality of finance and administration, recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
10.Actively engage and energize Council members, sub-committees, partner organizations, and others.
11.Develop, maintain, and support a strong Governing Body: serve ex-officio on all committees, seek and build GB involvement with strategic direction for operations
12.Lead, coach, develop, and retain a high-performance senior management team
13.Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure success that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents
14.Ensure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and towards which it makes consistent and timely progress.
15. Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with government regulations
16.Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
17.Undertake such other assignment, which may be assigned by from time to time by the GB/EC of NHSRC and by MoHFW.
The Executive Director as a member secretary will report to the Governing and Executive Body for all the business of the Society and will also report to the Mission Director, NHM, Government of India.
Preferably between 45 to 60 years. Relaxable in exceptional cases.
Rs. 2,41,000/- per month
Three Years and Extendable - Subject to Performance & Appropriate Official Sanction.
How To Apply:
Applications (CV) must reach by 20-Dec-2019 by email to email@example.com or by post to PAO, NHSRC, NIHFW Campus, Baba Gang Nath Marg, Munirka, New Delhi -110 067. In-service officials must obtain permission from their respective departments. Please ensure to mention post applied for on the subject-line (in e-mail) and on the envelope (in post), without which application (CV) will not be accepted.
PAO, NHSRC, NIHFW Campus, Baba Gang Nath Marg, Munirka, New Delhi -110 067