Recruitment to one position of Consultant (Research and Evaluation) on contract basis in the National Health Authority, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
The National Health Authority, an attached office under the aegis of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is required to propel forward a flagship Programme namely Scheme – Ayushman Bharath –Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana AB-PMJAY) across the country. Through this programme, Government of India has mandated to provide Health cover upto Rs. 5.00 lakh per annum per family to the identified 10.74 Cr. families belonging to the poor and vulnerable sections of the Society. In implementation of the said scheme, NHA is working in mission mode across varied verticals e.g. Policy Research, Information Technology, Enterprise Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning, Data Science, Analytics, Hospital Network and Quality Assessment, advances in Medical Sciences, Health Economics, Insurance etc.
National Health Authority invites applications from talented, innovative and dynamic professionals for appointment on contract basis to one position of Consultant (Monitoring and Evaluation) as per details furnished below
Position: Consultant (Research and Evaluation).
No. of position: 01 (One) Posts
Mode of recruitment: Contract basis.
Age Limit : 35-55 years
Consolidated remuneration per month : – Rs. 1,25,000/-
PhD in social sciences/public health/any other related discipline from a recognized University/ Institute
Desirable : –
i) Excellent knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
ii) Excellent knowledge of use of statistical packages
iii) Knowledge of the working of the Central/State Governments with specific reference to Schemes and their implementation.
iv) Experience of working on research and evaluation of public health programmes
v) Profound understanding of health financing and health insurance related issues in India
vi) Proven track record in scientific publications
Not less than 35 years and not exceeding 55 years
Seven years experience in the relevant field.
Individuals working at comparable levels in research institutions, Universities, development agencies, private sector Companies, Consultancy organizations, National/International Organizations and possessing the educational qualifications and experience mentioned in para 5 above.
Period of Contract
The period of contract will initially be initially for one year and is extendable further subject to satisfactory performance.
Crucial date for determining eligibility
The crucial date for determining age limits and experience shall be the closing date for receipt of applications.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are required to fill the online application form on the website of National Health Authority viz. www.pmjay.gov.in on the link provided. Candidates are advised to read carefully the instructions (Annexure-II) before filling up the online application. The last date for receipt of online applications is 30th November, 2019.
The candidates are also required to enclose self-attested supporting documents sought for in the application form.
NOTE: INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS OR APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS WILL BE SUMMARILY REJECTED AND NO COMMUNICATION WILL BE ENTERTAINED IN THIS REGARD.
Duties attached to the post of Consultant (Research and Evaluation)
- She/He will be responsible for leading the research and evaluation, which includes development of various guidelines, policy documents, data analysis etc along with Operations Division.
- Contribute in generating evidence through various analysis of the data which will be regularly available from the states and that must feed into the policy making about various aspects of the scheme.
- Support in all the research and evaluation of the AB-NHPM so that the implementation of the scheme can be improvised depending upon the research findings, which can eventually feed into policy development.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field of health/health insurance.
- Support NHA senior management in preparation of research priority areas for NHA for defined period.
- Prepare working papers/policy briefs on identified topics.
- Support States in carrying out research and evaluation activities.
- Coordinate with various agencies carrying out research activities.
- Support implementation of scheme in the states through the team in NHA as per the issued policy documents and guidelines.
- Provide continuous technical support to SHAs in all the states for the implementation of the scheme.
- Provide support in the preparation of all policy documents for fraud and abuse control, monitoring under AB-NHPM, as well as guidance to the state for all the procedures related to continuous monitoring of the scheme, preventing occurrence of fraud and abuse of the scheme in their state, etc.
- Develop, and co-ordinate the working of NHA consultants. Co-ordinate with States to facilitate technical inputs and timely information required to further the goals of PMJAY.
- Involve and engage in various committees and sub-committees and various other supporting International development Agencies.
- Maintain official records, documents, files, and ensure compliance with government regulations and systems.
- Organize routine, periodical and surveillance visits on sample basis to entities participating in the scheme to ensure that all processes are running as per defined standards • Undertake any other assignment / responsibility given by MoHFW / NHA.
Instructions for candidates for submission of online applications
1. Separate online applications are required to be submitted for each position.
2. Before filling in the online application, candidates are advised to read
(i) the Important Instructions,
(ii) the Very Important Note and
(iii) information on action against candidates found guilty of misconduct appended on the link to online application on the website of NHA.
3. Furnish the details of educational qualification in Column 14 and details of experience in Column 15 of the online application in reverse chronological order i.e. starting from the most latest to the earliest.
4. The candidates are required to upload the following documents.
i) Attested/Certified copies of all educational qualifications claimed in column 14 of the online application. (PDF format. Maximum size 1 MB)
j) Candidates are advised to scan all the required documents to be uploaded beforehand.
k) Photograph (.jpg/.jpeg/.png or.gif image types less than 1 MB.
l) Signature of the candidate (to be appended at the end of the online application) .jpg./.jpeg/.png or .gif image types-less than 1 MB.
5. In case of any error/updates all the previously uploaded files need to be uploaded again.
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare National Health Authority
7 th& 9th Floors, Tower I Jeevan Bharati Building Connaught Place, New Delhi-110001