LIC Southern Zone Assistant Recruitment 2013
LIC Southern Zonal Office,
Southern Zonal Office,
LIC Southern Zonal Special Recruitment Drive for SC / ST.
LIC Southern Zonal Office invites applications for Indian Citizens belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes for appointment to fill up backlog vacancies in the post of Assistant for performing the duties of Assistant as well as of Cashier in Branch Offices of the Corporation under the Divisions / Zone noted below against the said LIC Assistant vacancies.
|Zone||Division||Division Code||State||Total Vacancies||Vacancies Reserved for PWD|
Reservation for Persons with Disability ( PWD ) belonging to SC / ST as also for Ex – Servicemen belonging to SC / ST shall be as per Rules.
In case of Persons with Disability ( PWD ), only orthopaedically Handicapped ( OH ) & Visually Handicapped ( VH ) are eligible to apply. Hearing Handicapped ( HH ) are not eligible to apply.
1. Eligibility Conditions for LIC Assistant Recruitment 2013 : As on 1st December 2012.
- Age : Should not be less than 18 years and more than 35 years i.e born between 2.12.1977 & 1.12.1994.
- Relaxation in upper age limit :
- Persons with Disability : 10 years.
- Ex – Servicemen belonging to SC / ST : Actual period of service in the Defence Service plus 3 years subject to maximum age limit of 47 years.
- In case of Disabled Ex – Servicemen, maximum age limit of 52 years is allowed.
- Confirmed LIC employees belonging to SC / ST : No upper age limit.
2. Educational Qualification for Assistant Jobs in LIC 2013 :
- Graduate of a recognized university.
- In case of Disabled Ex – servicemen and other Ex – servicemen belonging to SC / ST who have put in at least 10 years service in Armed Forces, the minimum qualification shall be pass in HSC ( XII Std. of 10+2+3 pattern ).
- Matriculate Ex – servicemen who have completed 15 years service in the Armed Forces or Non – Matriculate Ex – servicemen who have completed 15 years service in the Armed Forces and have also passed the Indian Army Special Certificate Examination or corresponding Air Force, Navy certificate examinations shall be eligible to apply.
- Only those Ex – servicemen who at the time of interview have actually been discharged or released from the Armed Forces will be considered for appointment.
A. Arising out of order dated 21st March, 2007 passed by the Hon’ble High Court of Delhi in LPA No. 690 / 2004, Special Leave Petitions No. 15269 / 2007, 18943 / 2007, 19958 / 2007, 20058 / 2007, 22712 / 2007 & 23623 / 2007 filed before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India are pending. Hence, SC / ST candidates who are covered by these Special Leave Petitions and who have worked for 85 days in any two consecutive calendar years with the Corporation between 20th May 1985 uptill date and who conform to the required eligibility criteria for regular appointment on the dates of their initial temporary appointment may also apply.
B. SC / ST Temporary employees who have worked for a minimum period of 85 days or more in a financial year and who are governed by the “ Life Insurance Corporation of India ( Employment of Temporary Staff ) Instructions, 1993 ” and who conform to the required eligibility criteria for regular appointment on the date of their initial temporary appointment may also apply.
Candidates falling under category C (i) and (ii) will have to furnish a self attested copy of appointment letter and discharge letter given by the respective LIC offices where they had worked.
C. All confirmed SC / ST LIC employees working in Class IV cadre and Record Clerk in Class III cadre are eligible to apply provided they satisfy the conditions of eligibility.
3. Emoluments and Benefits for LIC Assistant Vacancies 2013 :
- Basic pay 7640 – 440 ( 1 ) – 8080 – 480 ( 2 ) – 9040 – 540 ( 5 ) – 11740 – 625 ( 2 ) – 12990 – 760 ( 3 ) – 15270 – 790 ( 2 ) – 16850 – 840 ( 5 ) – 21050 ( under revision ) and other allowances plus City Compensatory Allowance, House Rent Allowance, wherever admissible as per rules.
- Two additional increments shall be payable to Graduates on their appointment as Assistant. Total emoluments inclusive of all allowances payable at Metro Cities like Chennai are around 16150/- per month for graduates. Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting.
- Other benefits are Gratuity, Defined Contributory Pension, LTC, Medical Benefit, Meal Coupons, Group Savings Linked Insurance ( GSLI ), Group Insurance ( GI ), Vehicle Loan ( 2 – wheeler ) as per rules. Confirmed LIC employees on appointment as Assistant shall be eligible for fixation of pay as per existing rules of the Corporation.
4. Choice of Division for empanelment :
- Candidates should indicate in the LIC Assistant Job Application Form the Code No. of the Division chosen for appointment as mentioned above. No Change in the Division will be permissible at a later date.
- The post of Assistant is a Divisional Cadre and hence the candidates will be competing with those candidates who have applied for appointment in the Division chosen. No candidate will be considered for the post in the Division other than the one chosen by him / her for appointment. No candidate shall apply for more than one Division.
5. Selection Procedure for LIC Assistant Jobs 2013 :
(I) LIC Written Test for Assistant Vacancy 2013 :
- Applicants will have to appear for a written examination on Sunday, the 17th February 2013, at the centres that shall be allotted to them at their own expenses. The written examination will consist of two Papers :
(A) Paper – I :
A rank determining Test of Objective Type :
- Numerical ability
- Reasoning ability
- General Knowledge / Awareness
- English language
(B) Paper – II :
A qualifying Test of Descriptive Type : ( Precis & Letter writing ) in English and ( Essay writing ) in Tamil ( for State of Tamilnadu ) in Malayalam ( for State of Kerala ).
- Candidates are required to pass in each test separately. Merit Order will be decided on the aggregate score obtained in Paper – I.
- Candidates successful in the written test will be called for interview. Final selection is on the basis of overall performance in the written test and interview. Further, the appointment of candidates will be subject to his / her being found medically fit in the pre – recruitment medical examination.
- Centres for written examination with Code No.
Sl. No.DivisionExamination centreCode No.
1 Chennai Centre Chennai 01 2 Coimbatore Coimbatore 02 Erode 03 3 Ernakulam Ernakulam 04 4 Kozhikode Kozhikode 05 5 Madurai Madurai 06 Ramanathapuram 07 6 Thanjavur Thanjavur 08 Tiruchi 09 7 Tirunelveli Tirunelveli 10 8 Vellore Vellore 11 Pondicherry 12
- Candidates should mention the choice of Examination Centre preferred by him / her within the Division chosen by him/her in the appropriate column in the LIC Assistant Recruitment Application Form.
- No change in the examination centre will be permissible at a later date.
- For administrative reasons, the Corporation reserves the right to direct the candidate to appear for Written Test at a Centre other than the one chosen by him / her without any monetary benefit.
(II) LIC Interview for Assistant Recruitment 2013 :
Successful candidates in the written test will be called for personal interview at a later date.
6. Probation :
Successful candidates shall be given appointment as per the merit of the candidate. On appointment, candidates shall be placed on probation for a period of Six months from the date of appointment which can be extended upto one year.
7. Application form for LIC Assistant Recruitment 2013 :
SC / ST Candidates only satisfying the above eligibility conditions shall submit their LIC Assistant Vacancy 2013 Application in the format given below which shall be either handwritten in bold capitals or typewritten on foolscap size paper only.
8. LIC Assistant Recruitment 2013 Application Form shall accompany the following :
- Attested copies of
- SSC Certificate issued by the Board showing date of birth.
- HSC Mark Sheet
- Graduation Certificate
- Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority.
- Discharge certificate in the case of Ex – Servicemen.
- Certificate issued by Appropriate Authority in appropriate proforma, showing the percentage of disability, in case of Persons with disability ( PWD ).
- Self – addressed envelope of size 23×12 cm, duly affixed with postage stamp of value 5.00.
- Two recent recognizable Passport size photographs – one copy to be affixed on the LIC Assistant Job application form & duly signed across and another for Exam hall ticket purpose.
- Self – addressed post card, if acknowledgment is required.
- In case of SC / ST candidates who are governed by Special Leave Petitions No. 15269 / 2007, 18943 / 2007, 19958 / 2007, 20058 / 2007, 22712 / 2007 & 23623 / 2007 ( pending before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India ) arising out of Order dated 21.03.2007 of Hon’ble High Court of Delhi in LPA No. 690 / 2004 or those who are governed by the provisions of Life Insurance Corporation of India ( Employment of Temporary Staff ).
- Instructions, 1993 shall attach a self attested copy of the appointment letter and discharge letter as a proof of having worked for requisite number of days as above.
9. Last date for receipt of LIC South Zonal Office Assistant Recruitment Application Forms will be 17th January, 2013.
10. General Instructions for LIC Assistant Recruitment 2013 :
- Original certificates should not be sent. Only attested copies to be sent.
- The Corporation takes no responsibility for any delay in receiving the LIC Assistant Job 2013 Application Form or for loss in postal transit.
- LIC Assistant Vacancy 2013 Application form not in accordance with the prescribed form or incomplete / unsigned form or received without attested copies of the Certificates mentioned above shall not be considered.
- Candidates who do not satisfy the eligibility conditions are liable to be disqualified at any stage of selection.
- Superscribe on the left – hand top corner of the envelope in which the LIC Assistant Job Application is sent ” LIC Assistant Recruitment 2013 Application for the post of assistant “.
- LIC Assistant Recruitment 2013 Application Forms duly completed in all respects and with enclosures should be sent by post to the respective Division where the candidate intends to apply for the post at the following address :
Division / CentreAddress
a) Chennai Centre Senior Divisional Manager, LIC of India, Divisional Office - I, 8th Floor, LIC Building, 153 Anna Salai, Chennai 600 002. b) Coimbatore Senior Divisional Manager, LIC of India, Divisional Office, “India Life Building”, 1543 / 1544, Trichy Road,Coimbatore - 641 018. c) Ernakulam Senior Divisional Manager, LIC of India, Divisional Office, “Jeevan Prakash”, M G Road, Ernakulam, Kochi - 682 011. d) Kozhikode Senior Divisional Manager, LIC of India, Divisional Office, “Jeevan Prakash”, Hazur Road, Kozhikode - 673 001. e) Madurai Senior Divisional Manager, LIC of India, Divisional Office, “Jeevan Prakash”, Bridge Station Road, Sellur, Madurai - 625 001. f) Thanjavur Senior Divisional Manager, LIC of India, Divisional Office, “Jeevan Prakash”, Gandhiji Road, Thanjavur - 613 001. g) Tirunelveli Senior Divisional Manager, LIC of India, Divisional Office, “Jeevan Prakash”, Punithavathiyar Street Palayamkottai, Tirunelveli - 627 002. h) Vellore Divisional Manager, LIC of India, Divisional Office, “Jeevan Prakash”, Arcot Road, Vellore - 632 004.