Ministry of Law and Justice Recruitment 2017 for Assistant Editor
Indian Law Institute Building,
Bhagwan Dass Road,
Recruitment of two posts of Assistant Editor (Group A) in Vidhi Sahitya Prakashan, Legislative Department, Ministry of Law and Justice on deputation / absorption basis.
Two Group ‘A’ posts of Assistant Editor in the pay scale of 67700-208700, Level 11 in Pay Matrix of Seventh Pay Commission [PB-3, 15600-39100 + Grade Pay 6600/- (Pre-revised) / 10000-325-15200 (Pre-revised)] belonging to General Central Service, are to be filled up urgently in Vidhi Sahitya Prakashan, Legislative Department, Ministry of Law and Justice on deputation basis on usual terms.
The appointment will be made on deputation ( including short-term contract ) / absorption from the officers of Central Government / State Government or Union Territories or Recognized Research Institutions or Universities or Public Sector Undertakings or Semi-Government or Statutory or Autonomous Organisations :
- Holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre or department; or
- With 5 years’ service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in posts in the scale of pay of 8000-13500/- Grade Pay of 5400/- (pre-revised) or equivalent in the parent cadre or Department; and
(b) Possessing the following educational qualifications and experience :
(i) Bachelors’ Degree in Law from a recognised University or equivalent :
- Seven years practice as an Advocate in a High Court; or
- Seven years experience in State Judicial Service; or
- Seven years experience in legislation and legal affairs in the Law Department of a State Government; or
- Seven years experience in the Legislative Department of the Central Government; or
- Seven years experience in editing in a Department concerned with Law Reports; or
- Seven years experience of legislative drafting; or
- Seven years experience of translation in Hindi of principal and subordinate legislation; or
- Seven years experience in teaching or research in Law; or
- Master’s Degree in Law from a recognized University or equivalent with eight years experience in teaching or research in Law; and
(B) had studied Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject at Bachelor’s Degree level from a recognised University or equivalent and ability to translate and edit Court Judgements in Hindi.
Note 1 : The Departmental Officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion will not be eligible for consideration for appointment by deputation. Similarly, deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
Note 2 : The period of deputation (including short-term contract) including period of deputation (including short-term contract) in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or Department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not to exceed four years.
Note 3 : The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation (including short-term contract) shall not be exceeding 56 years as on the closing date of the receipt of application.
It is requested that the particulars of the eligible persons, who fulfil the required qualification and can be considered for appointment to the post and whose service could be spared immediately may be forwarded to this Prakashan in the proforma given along with their vigilance clearance, integrity certificate, no penalty certificate for the last ten years which should be given on a separate sheet, along with copy of the up-to-date A.C.Rs. / APARs for the last five years duly authenticated by an officer not below the level of Under Secretary, so as to reach the undersigned latest within 45 days.