Recruitment of Meritorious Sports Person in the Office of the Chief Commissioner of Income Tax, West Bengal Region
The Chief Commissioner of Income Tax (Cadre Controlling Authority), Kolkata, invites applications for the Recruitment of meritorious Sports persons in different games, sports as listed below for the posts of Inspector in the pay scale of 9300-34800/- (Grade Pay 4600/-), Tax Assistant in the pay scale of 5200-20200/- (Grade Pay 2400/-), Notice Server in the pay scale of 5200-20200/- (Grade Pay 2000/-) and Multi Tasking Staff in the pay scale of 5200-20200/- (Grade Pay 1800/-). The posts are purely temporary but likely to be permanent. The probation period is of 2 years.
02. Eligibility Conditions for Income Tax Department Sports Quota 2013 :
|SI. No.||Name of the Post||Age limit as on 31.07.2013||Educational Qualification||No. of Income Tax Department Sports Quota Vacancies 2013|
|1.||Inspector||18-27 years||A degree from a recognized university or equivalent qualification||01|
|2.||Tax Assistant||18-27 years||(i) Degree of a recognized university or equivalent and (ii) Having Data Entry Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour||05|
|3.||Notice Server||18-27 years||Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized Board / Council.||07|
|4.||Multi Tasking Staff||18-25 years||Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized Board / Council.||07|
Relaxation of Age : (As per Govt. of India instructions for meritorious sportspersons)
1. 5 years for General / OBC candidates.
2. 10 years in case of SC / ST candidates.
3. 8 years for Departmental candidates of General / OBC Category.
4. 13 years for Departmental candidates of SC / ST Category.
03. Sports Eligibility for Income Tax Recruitment 2013 :
Appointments can be made of a sportsperson in any of the games / sports (as mentioned in para-S) considered meritorious with reference to the following criteria :
Sports-persons having represented :
(i) The Country in an International Competition.
(ii) A State in a National Competition.
(iii) Their University in the Inter-University Tournaments conducted by the InterUniversity Sports Board.
(iv) The State Schools Teams in the National Sports 1 Games for schools conducted by All India School Games Federation or
(v) Sportspersons who have been awarded National Awards in Physical Efficiency under the National Physical Efficiency Drive.
Notes : The merit of sportspersons, who fulfill the aforesaid eligibility conditions, shall be considered 1decided in the order of preference given above.
04. Selection of the Candidates in Income Tax Department Sports Quota Recruitment 2013 :
The Income Tax Department Sports Quota Recruitment 2013 applications will be scrutinized and eligible candidates with reference to the requirements mentioned above will be called for Interview-cum-Personality Test. On the basis of their performance in Interview-cum-Personality test eligible candidates will be shortlisted and such shortlisted candidates will be required to appear in the Ground / Proficiency Test (field trial) for final selection.
In respect of appointment to the post of Income Tax Department Tax Assistant, the candidates are also required to qualify in the Computer Skill Test for the purpose of selection. Success in the above test confers no right to appointment unless Department is satisfied after such enquiry as may be considered necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respect for appointment to the post.
Note : In case suitable candidates are not available in any of the Games / Sports as mentioned in para-S, the Income Tax Department Recruitment 2013 will reserve its right not to consider such games / sports.
05. List of Games / Sports :
Application from income tax meritorious sports persons in respect of the following games / sports will only be accepted.
|SI. No.||Games / Sports||Men / Women|
|1.||Athletics (inc1uding Track & Field events)||Both|
06. Income Tax Department Sports Quota Application Form 2013 :
Income Tax Department Sports Quota Recruitment 2013 Applications must be submitted in the format given in Annexure-II and addressed to the Additional Commissioner of Income-tax, Hqrs.(Personnel), Kolkata; 1st Floor, Room No. 14, Aayakar Bhawan, P-7, Chowringhee Square, Kolkata – 700069 by post / by hand so as to reach the office of the undersigned on or before 12.08.2013 (upto 6 p.m.). The envelope containing the application shall also be superscripted as follows :
“Application for the post(s) of under meritorious sports persons quota”.
07. The candidate on appointment will be liable for posting at any place in West Bengal Region and they are required to submit an undertaking to that effect before joining.
08. Selected candidates will be required to give an undertaking to the effect that they shall not apply for inter-charge transfer before rendering regular service for a minimum period of 10 years under this charge.
09. Attested copies of all documents in support of claim regarding the date of birth, educational qualifications, sports eligibility certificates, caste certificate, etc. should invariably accompany the application. Further, latest passport size colour photograph, duly attested by a Gazette Officer, shall also be pasted on the application form in the space provided for the purpose.
10. Income Tax Department Sports Quota Application duly signed and completed in all respects shall reach the office of the undersigned on or before 12.08.2013 (upto 6 p.m.).
11. Applications received after the due date will not be entertained under any circumstances. Incomplete, unsigned applications or applications without the required annexures will be rejected summarily and no correspondence in the matter will be made with the applicant. The date and venue for Income Tax Department Sports Quota Interview and tests will be intimated to the candidates concerned in due course.
12. Sports achievements certified by the recognized authorities (Annexure-III) will only be considered. In this connection, the list of recognized National Sports Federations for the sports / games mentioned in para-S is given in Annexure-IV.
13. The candidate must be in possession of the requisite educational qualification for the concerned post as on 31.07.2013. Attested copies of final marks sheet and degree / certificate should be attached with the application.
14. In case, a candidate applies for more than one post then he / she will be considered for appointment in the following order subject to his / her eligibility for appointment to such posts : (i) Income Tax Department Sports Quota Recruitment of Inspector (ii) IT Department Recruitment of Tax Assistant (iii) Notice Server (iv) Income Tax Jobs for Multi Tasking Staff.