Income Tax, Department Sports Quota Recruitment 2014 :
Income-Tax, Department, Tamil Nadu & Puducherry Region invites applications from outstanding Sports persons for Recruitment Against Sports Quota for the year 2013 – 14.
Income Tax, Department Against Sports Quota Application Closing Date : 24th February, 2014.
( For candidates residing abroad and Andaman Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep Islands, Assam, Meghalaya, Sikkim, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Jammu & Kashmir, Lauhl & Spiti Districts and Pangi Sub – Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh : the Closing Date and time is 03rd March, 2014 5.00 p.m.)
A. Recruitments in Income Tax Department Sports Quota 2014 :
|Name of the Post||No.of.Posts||Grade / Pay Scale|
|Caregory : 1||Inspector of Income Tax,||
|PB – 2, Pay 9300 – 34800 + Grade Pay : 4600|
|Category : 2||Tax, Asistant||
|PB – 1, Pay 5200 – 20200 + Grade Pay : 2400|
|Category : 3||Multi Tasking Staff||
|PB – 1, Pay 5200 – 20200 + Grade Pay : 1800|
List of Games & Sports 2014 :
|Discipline||Speciality||No. of Sports person
proposed to be recruited
|Athletics ( Men )||100 m / 200 m / 400 m / 800 m /1500 m /
5000 m / 10000 m / 110 m (h) / 400 m (h)
/ Shot put / Discus Throw / Long Jump /
Triple Jump / Pole Vault
|1 in Category (1)
1 in Category (2)
1 in Category (3)
|Cricket||1 in Category (1)
3 in Category (2)
|Table – Tennis ( Men )||1 in Category (2)|
|Table – Tennis ( Women )||1 in Category (2)|
|Volleyball||Attacker / Universal / Setter / Libero||4 in Category (2)|
|Hockey||Forward / Full Back / Half Line||4 in Category (2)|
|Football||Right Extreme Forward / left Extreme Forward /
Left Half Line / Right Stopper Back / Left Stopper Back
|4 in Category (2)|
|Kabaddi||2 in Category (2)
2 in Category (3)
Norms for Category (1) : Represented the country in the Olympic Games ( Senior Category ) or secured at least 3rd position in World Cup (Junior / Senior Category ) or World Championships (Junior / Senior Category ) or Asian Games ( Senior Category) or Commonwealth Games ( Senior Category ).
Norms for Category 2 & 3 : Represented the Country in World Cup ( Junior / Senior category ) or World Championships (Junior / Senior category ) or Asian Games ( Senior Category ) or Commonwealth Games ( Senior Category ) or at least 3rd position in Commonwealth Championships ( Junior / Senior Category ) or Asian Championships / Asia Cup (Junior / Senior category ) or South Asian Federation ( SAF ) Games ( Senior Category) or USIC ( World Railway ) Championships ( Senior Category ) or at least 3rd position in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships or at least 3rd position in National Games organized under the aegis of Indian Olympic Association or at least 3rd position in All india inter University championships organized under the aegis of Association of Indian Universities or 1st position in the Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category).
For Cricket : Represented the Country / State ( in any age group ) and University.
For Hockey : At least 2nd position in the International Tournaments of four or more nations, will also be considered. Participation in these tournaments will also be considered for recruitment against the posts. It is also mentioned that Hockey India will be treated as the recognized National Sports Federation for the game of Hockey for the purpose of recruitment.
Copy of the respective Form 1, Form 2 & Form 3 issued by the Competent Authority shall be enclosed along with the application.
Eligibility Conditions for Income Tax Department Sports Quota 2014 :
Educational Qualifications :
1. Category (1) & (2) – Minimum Degree from a recognized University or its equivalent.
2. Category (3) – Minimum pass in Matriculation or its equivalent.
Relaxation of Age :
Minimum 18 years and maximum 25 years ( as on 01st January, 2014 ). Upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years in case of SC / ST candidates and 3 Years in the case of OBC candidates. Upper age limit is relaxable up to a maximum of 5 years ( 10 years in the case of SC / ST ) in the case of sportspersons with exceptional achievements and who satisfy all other eligibility conditions and who furnish the necessary certificates.
Appointment will be subject to being medically fit in the appropriate category after empanelment of the candidate.
Income Tax, Department Sports Quota Application Form 2014 :
Theenvelope containing the application mustbe superscribed “APPLICATION FOR APPOINTMENT OF PERSONNEL UNDER SHORTS QUOTA – 2013 – 14″. Income Tax, Sports Against Quota application, complete in all respects, can be sent either by Registered Post or Speed Post or by Ordinary Post or directly in person. No application will be received through Courier on 24th February, 2014 at 5 p.m.
Income Tax Department Sports Quota General Conditions 2014 :
1. Sports persons having sports norms for higher Grade Pay and applied against the vacancies for the lower Grade Pay can be considered for recruitment. In such cases the sportsperson has to give an undertaking that he / she will not claim for higher Grade Pay after joining the Department, on the basis of sports achievement he / she has acquired prior to joining the Department.
2. For recruitment in Athletics ( M ), Football, Hockey, Kabaddi, Table Te.nnis ( M & W ), Volleyball, disciplines, the following age group of Junior National Championships will be considered as sports norms.
|Game||Age group ( Junior National
|Athletics( M )||Under – 20|
|Football( M )||Under – 19|
|Hockey ( M )||Under – 21|
|TableTennis ( W + M )||Under – 17|
|Volleyball( M )||Under – 19|
3. Eligibility will be considered based on the performance in the championships held on 01.01.2011 or afterwards only and sportsperson shall be a currently active player. For this purpose, concluding day of the championships will be taken into account. Performance in earlier championships, i.e. before 01.01.2011 will not be taken into consideration.
4. In case of team games, only sportsperson who has actually played in the field, shall only be eligible. Sportsperson who has represented as member of a team in any recognized sports event / championship but has not actually played in the field, shall not be considered for recruitment. Accordingly, candidate will have to produce a certificate showing that he / she has actually been a playing member.
5. The selection will be conducted through trial and interview.
6. SC / ST / OBC candidates will have to submit a copy of Caste Certificate issued by duly authorized competent Govt. Authority for the purpose.
7. 1) Department reserves the right to consider only those candidates who have potential to strengthen the Department’s existing team on the basis of field trial conducted,
ii) For individual events, the performance during the field trial should be preferably equivalent or better than the 3rd place ( time / distance etc. ) of last All India Central Revenue Sports Board Championships.