Income Tax Department Recruitment 2010
Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT),
(Official Language Division),
(Public Relation, Printing Publication & Official Language),
6th Floor, Mayur Bhavan,
New Delhi – 110 001.
Appointment of Assistant Director (Official Language) in the Income Tax Department by deputation.
It is proposed to fill up the posts of Assistant Director (Official Language) by deputation in the Attached & Subordinate offices of the Central Board of Direct Taxes. These posts belong to General Central Services Group ‘B’, Gazetted Non-ministerial cadre.
The pay scale, eligibility conditions and qualifications required for the post are given as under :
1. Assistant Director Pay Scale : Rs. 15600 – 39100 with Grade Pay Rs. 5400 in Pay Band-3.
2. Eligibility for Assistant Director Jobs in Income Tax Department Delhi 2010:
The following officers under the Central Government / State Government / Union Territories / Public Sector Undertakings / Autonomous Organisations / Universities are eligible to apply for the post :
- Holding analogous posts on regular basis Or
- With three years regular service in posts in the scale of Rs. 9300 – 34800 with Grade Pay Rs. 4600, Pay Band-2 (Pre-revised scale Rs. 7450 – 11500) or equivalent Or
- With six years’ regular service in posts in the scale of Rs. 9300 – 34800 with Grade Pay Rs. 4200, Pay Band-2 (pre-revised scale Rs. 6500 – 10500) or equivalent Or
- With eight years regular service in posts in the scale of Rs. 5200 – 20200 with corresponding Grade pay Rs. 2800 in Pay Band-1 (pre-revised Pay Scale of Rs. 4500 – 7000).
3. Assistant Director Qualifications :
Essential for Income Tax Department Recruitment 2010 :
(i) Master’s degree of a recognised University or equivalent in Hindi with English as a subject at the degree level Or
- Master’s degree of a recognised University or equivalent in English with Hindi as a subject at the degree level Or
- Master’s degree of a recognised University or equivalent in any subject with English and Hindi as a subject at the degree level Or
- Master’s degree of a recognised University or equivalent in any subject with Hindi medium and English as a subject at the degree level Or
- Master’s degree of a recognised University or equivalent in any subject with English medium and Hindi as a subject at the degree level
(ii) Five years experience of terminological work in Hindi or Translation work from English to Hindi or vice versa, preferably of technical or scientific literature Or Five years experience of teaching, research, writing or journalism in Hindi.
- Knowledge of Sanskrit or a Modern Indian Language.
- Administrative experience.
- Experience of organising Hindi classes or workshops for Noting and Drafting.
- Knowledge of Direct Taxes Laws / Procedure.
4. No. of CBDT Income Tax Vacancies 2010 : (9 Approx)
5. Places of Posting : Anywhere in India. Presently most of the vacant posts are in South, West and North East States.
6. Period of Deputation : The period of deputation including period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization / department of the Central Government shall not ordinarily exceed three years.
7. Age Limit for Assistant Director Vacancies 2010 : Maximum age limit for the appointment on deputation shall not be exceeding 56 years as on the closing date of receipt of CBDT Income Tax Application Form.
8. The persons appointed will be treated on deputation and will have the option either to draw pay in the scale of Rs. 15600 – 39100 with grade pay Rs. 5400 in Pay Band-3.
(Pre revised scale Rs. 8000 – 13500) or his grade pay + deputation (duty) allowance in terms of GOI, Department of Personnel & Training O.M. No-2/29/91-Estt. (Pay-II) dated 5th January, 1994; as amended from time to time.
9. Eligible and suitable candidates are requested to send their applications in the proforma (annexed) through proper channel along with their ACR dossiers (attested and clear copies of the up-to-date ACRs for the last 5 years, duly attested by an Officer not below the rank of Under Secretary) and Vigilance Clearance to the following address :
The Director of Income Tax (PR, PP & OL),
Central Board of Direct Taxes,
Official Language Division,
6th Floor, Mayur Bhavan,
New Delhi – 110 001.
10. Last Date for Receipt of CBDT Income Tax Applications within 30 days from the date of publication of the advertisement (dated on 21-27 August 2010).
The Departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation.
No advance copy of the application is required to be sent by the candidates.
Employers are requested to forward for consideration the applications of only those candidates who could be relieved for joining immediately.
The Income Tax Application not accompanied with necessary documents viz the ACRs, Vigilance Clearance etc. will not be considered.