The Institute is looking for a suitable candidate for the following position for a period of one year: Consultant (Civil Engineer)
Essential Qualification :
1. Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University or NT or NIT
2. Minimum 10-15 years relevant experience in planning, tendering, execution and contract management of civil including allied works for large sized/multi storied office buildings or projects. Experience of handling Central Government civil construction projects and knowledge of working with projects covered under CPWD procedure would be preferred.
3. Computers & Working knowledge in CAD Software.
Consolidated Salary: Rs.50,000/- per month based on the experience of the candidate.
Work responsibilities as Consultant would, but not confined to the following:
1. To prepare/examine/review tender documents for civil works & also provide advice on various issues.
2. Planning designing and overseeing construction, renovation and maintenance of building structures and infrastructure.
3. Making sure the project complies with legal requirements, especially health and safety norms.
4. To attend & examine all technical issues related to and arising during impletion of civil works.
5. To evaluate work progress against planned schedule.
6. To identify potential problems areas, likely cause of delaying/slippage and suggest preventive & contingent actions and submit advice.
7. To carry out any other and all tasks as may be assigned by the Institute, from time to time.
General Information and Terms and Conditions:
1. Persons up to the age of 65 years including those retired from Central Government/State Government/Armed Forces/CPWD/CPSU meeting the eligibility requirements can apply.
2. Qualification should be from a recognized Institution or University.
3. IIG reserves the right to give weightage in selection to the candidates based on their competencies, qualification, experience and the functional requirement of the Institute.
4. Employees who have opted for VRS/resigned from their respective organization will be eligible to apply.
5. The engaged consultant has to maintain integrity and shall not engage himself with any other business during his/her tenure as consultant.
6. Contract Period: The candidate selected after a short listing process including personal interview of short listed candidate, would be considered for engagement purely on contract basis initially for a period of one year, extendable for one more year subject to satisfactory performance.
7. Application Process: Persons desirous of being considered for the consultancy assignment are required to submit their applications as per proforma stated in Annexure-I along with detailed Bio-data and copies of credentials (self-attested) addressed to Registrar, IIG in person or by Regd. Post/Speed Post on or before 13.12.2019.
Indian Institute of Geomagnetism
(An Autonomous Body under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India)
Plot No.5, Sector-18, Kalamboli Highway,
Navi Mumbai - 410 218, Tel. 022 2748 4000