Bharath Electronics Limited invites application for admission to the following post Probationary Engineer
Location : Across India
The written test will be held on 02nd July, 2017 (Sunday).
1. BEL Probationary Engineer Requirement 2017
- For Probationary Engineer, GEN / OBC candidates with first class in B.E. / B.Tech / B.Sc Engineering Graduate from AICTE approved Colleges in Electronics / Electronics and Communication / Electronics & Telecommunication / Communication / Telecommunication / Mechanical / Civil / Computer Science / Computer Science and Engineering.
- Candidates with first class in AMIE / AMIETE, in the above disciplines are also eligible to apply. SC / ST / PWD candidates with pass class in the above degree / disciplines are eligible to apply.
- Candidates currently studying in the final semester / final year of BE / B.Tech / B.Sc Engineering in the specializations mentioned above and who will be appearing for their final semester / final year exams in the month of May/June 2017 are also eligible to apply.
- The maximum age limit for General candidates is 25 years of age as on 01st April, 2017 for all posts.
- Special dispensation allowed for Other Backward Class (OBC), Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with Disability (PWD), Ex-Serviceman (XSM), Kashmiri Migrant (KM).
- There are 66 vacancies for the above position (33 Electronics, 20 Mechanical, 10 Computer Science & 3 Civil).
- All / any of the Units / Offices of BEL at of the following locations : Bangalore (Karnataka), Ghaziabad (UP), Pune (Maharashtra), Hyderabad (Telangana),Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Machilipatnam (Andhra Pradesh), Panchkula (Haryana), Kotdwara (Uttarakhand) ,Navi Mumbai (Maharashtra).
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- Last date for applying online is 11th May, 2017.
Please Note :
- Candidates are advised to go through the Norms in detail.
- Candidates belonging to GEN / OBC category are required pay an application fee of 500/-. The mode of payment is as follows. Candidates are required to remit an amount of 500/- towards application fee. SC / ST / PWD candidates are exempted from payment of application fee. Candidates are required to make the Application Fee payment through SBI Collect. Candidates are requested to read the details and screenshots before making the payment. Candidates can also make the payment by approaching SBI branch. Candidates have to select SBI branch in the payment option and download the Preprinted challan, deposit the application fee of 500/- + applicable bank charges. The candidate should ensure to obtain the seal and signature of the bank official. The candidates should retain a copy of the payment receipt / Challan for future reference. The candidates have to check the status of the payment made in the application. It may take maximum of two days for reconciliation of payment. The application fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Prior to paying the application fees, candidates are required to carefully go through the advertisement and pay the fees only after making sure he/she is eligible to apply for the said posts. Application fees once paid will not be refunded by the Company / Bank to applicants who are not eligible for the above posts.
- SC / ST & PWD candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
- Candidates are required to enter all information correctly in the on-line application form and verify the same before submission, as changes shall not be permitted after submission of the application form.
- Please click here and go through the norms so that you are prepared with the required details before applying.
2. Norms :
Name of the Post : Probationary Engineer (PE)
a) No. of Posts :
Electronics – 33
Mechanical – 20
Computer Science – 10
Total – 66
b) BEL Qualification for Probationary Engineer Job : For Probationary Engineers, First class in Engineering Degree from AICTE approved Colleges in Electronics / Electronics & Communication / Electronics & Telecommunication / Communication / Telecommunication / Mechanical / Computer Science / Computer Science and Engineering / Civil Engineering. Candidates with AMIE / AMIETE in specializations should have secured first class.
Special dispensation For Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe and persons with disability : Pass in Engineering degree in specializations for SC / ST & PWD candidates.
For the convenience of candidates belonging to OBC / SC / ST and PWD, the prescribed format of the Caste / Disability Certificate is placed in the link below for reference. Candidates who do not produce the Certificate format will be rejected and no further communication will be entertained.
3. Posts are for all / any of the Bharath Electronics Limited Units / Offices in the following locations :
- Bangalore (Karnataka)
- Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh)
- Pune (Maharashtra)
- Hyderabad (Telangana)
- Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
- Machilipatnam (Andhra Pradesh)
- Panchkula (Haryana)
- Kotdwara (Uttarakhand)
- Navi Mumbai (Maharashtra)
The postings would be done based on the Company’s requirement, preference indicated by the candidate at the time of interview and the relative performance of the candidate in the written test / viva.
4. Age limit for BEL Recruitment (as on 01st April, 2017) :
The maximum age limit for General candidates as on 01st April, 2017 will be 25 years. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC / ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates.
In respect of PWD candidates upper age limit is relaxable by 10 years. In respect of PWD candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC category, the age relaxation admissible will be in addition to the relaxation admissible for candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC.
For candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989, the upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for General candidates, 8 years for OBC candidates and 10 years for SC/ST candidates.
Relaxation will be extended as per Government guidelines in respect of Ex-Serviceman.
BEL Pay Scale :
Candidates selected against the above position, will be placed in E-II grade, at the minimum of the pay scale of 16400-3%-40500/- (Pre-revised). In addition, they will be entitled to DA, HRA, Conveyance Allowance, Performance Related Pay, Medical Reimbursement and other perquisites as admissible.
Reservation & Relaxation of post will be made as per Government directives.
5. Method of Selection in BEL :
Candidates who meet the qualifying criteria and whose online application has been accepted will be shortlisted for the written test.
Based on their performance in the written test, Candidates will be shortlisted for interview.
Selection will be based on the performance of the Candidate in both the written test and interview.
Candidates who meet the qualifying criteria and whose online application is accepted are required to log on to the website and enter their application number to access and download their written test call letter. Candidates are required to print the call letter and comply with the instructions indicated therein. Please note that call letters will not be sent through e-mail or through conventional mail.
Candidates, whose applications are accepted through the process of submission of online applications, are eligible to attend the written test at the respective centre. The call letters will be uploaded on the website on 19th June, 2017.
Bharath Electronics Limited written test will be held at Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Guwahati centres. Candidates should choose the test centre nearest to their place of correspondence. Candidates will not be reimbursed their cost of travel for attending the written test.
Bharath Electronics Limited written test will consist of Objective type questions from basic Engineering subjects, in the respective disciplines / specializations and General Aptitude.
The list of candidates short-listed in the written test for interview, will appear on the Bharath Electronics Limited website on 24th July, 2017 (tentative date) . They will be required to appear for an interview for final selection. The results of selection will be available on the BEL website through query mode.