|SBI Probationary Officers ( PO ) Online Practice Test 2014|
SBI Bank PO Recruitment 2014 Selection Process
Phase – I :
Examination consisting Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks :
The Objective Test will be online. Immediately after online Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered. Cadidates will have to answer Descriptive Test on paper / Pen mode.
(i) Objective Test :
The Objective Test with 2 hour duration consists of 4 Sections with 50 marks each ( Total 200 marks ) as follows :
- Test of English Language ( Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc.)
- Test of General Awareness, Marketing & Computers
- Test of Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Test of Reasoning ( High Level )
The candidates are required to qualify in each of the Tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
(ii) Descriptive Test :
- The Descriptive Test with 1 hour duration ( 50 marks ) will be of “Test of English Language ( comprehension, short precis, letter writing essay )”.
- The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
- Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are Placed adequately high as per total marks in objective test.
(b) Phase II :
Group Discussion ( 20 marks ) & Interview ( 30 marks ).
- The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category and the candidates in the order of merit, subject to 3 times the number of State Bank of India Probationary Officer vacancies in each category, will be called for SBI Bank Group Discussion and Interview 2014.
- The qualifying marks in Group Discussion & Interview will be as decided by the SBI Bank.
- Candidates qualified for GD & Interview under ‘OBC’ category are required to submit OBC certificate containing the ‘Non Creamy layer’ clause.
- Candidates not submitting the OBC certificate containing the ‘Non Creamy layer’ clause and requesting to be interviewed under General category will not be entertained.
(c) Final Selection Process for State Bank of India Probationary Officer Recruitment 2014 :
- The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-I and Phase – II separately.
- Marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test ( out of 250 marks ) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Discussion & Interview ( out of 50 marks ) are converted to out of 25. The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Discussion & Interview out of 100 for each category.
- The selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
- Results of the candidates who have qualified for Phase II and the list of candidates finally selected will be made available on the Bank’s website. Final select list will be published in Employment News / Rozgar Samachar.
- The examination will be held in the month of June 2014 ( Tentatively ) .
- The Tentative List of examination centres is Placed as Point No. : 12.
- Candidate should Choose the name of the Centre where he / she desires to take the examination. No change in the choice of examination centre Will be entertained under any circumstances. Bank reserves The right to add or delete any centre or alter examination date at Its discretion.
SBI Bank Probationary Officer Examination Centres 2014 :
The examination may be at the following centres and the address of the venue will be advised in the call letters. Bank reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and / or add some other Centre, at its discretion, depending upon the reponse, administrative feasibility, etc. Bank also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he / she has opted for.
State / UT
Name of SBI Bank PO Examination Centre
Andaman & Nicobar
Jammu & Kashmir
|Mumbai / Thane / Navi Mumbai|
Delhi – NCR
|Berhampur ( Ganjam )|
Berhampur ( West Bengal )
Candidates should choose the name and code number of the Centre where he / she desires to take the SBI Bank PO examination. No chance in the choice of SBI Bank PO examination centre will be entertained under any circumstance. State Bank of India reserves the right to add or delete any centre or alter SBI Bank PO examination date at its discretion.
SBI Bank Pay Scale 2014 :
The starting basic pay is 16,900/- ( with 4 increments ) in the scale of 14500 – 600/- 7 – 18700 – 700 / 2 – 20100 – 800 / 7- 25700 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale I.
The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A & C.C.A as per rules in force from time to time. The compensation per annum at Mumbai is around 8,40,000/-. The break up of monthly compensation is as under :
- Cash Component 34,320/-
- Bank’s contribution to PF 1,690/-
- Housing ( Lease Rental ) 29,500/-
Conveyance, Newspapers, Entertainment allowance, House & Furniture Maintenance etc. 4,130/-.
In addition, the officers are also entitled to other benefits like :
- Medical Aid for self ( 100% ) and for family ( 75% )
- Home Travel Concession / Leave Fare Concession
- Concessional Interest Rates for Housing / Car / Personal Loans
The salary scales are under revision with effect from November 2012.
Career Path :
The SBI Bank Probationary Officers will be on probation of two years during which they will be given intensive training and towards end of their probation / training period, they will be subjected to a screening process.
While those Officers who achieve the predetermined standards may be confirmed and given placement in the next higher grade i.e. Officer Middle Management Grade Scale II, others who qualify the test but fail to achieve the standards set for placement in Middle Management Grade Scale II, will be confirmed as Officer Junior Management Scale Grade I. The services of those Officers who fail to qualify in this process will be terminated.
SBI Bank provides immense opportunities for growth in the SBI Bank including opportunities for postings abroad.
The attractive promotion policy of the SBI Bank provides an opportunity to the meritorious and exceptionally brilliant officers to reach the Top Management Grade in a reasonably quick time.