CBI Bank Clerk Recruitment 2013 Eligibility
Eligibility Criteria for Clerk Jobs in CBI Bank 2013 :
Nationality / Citizenship :
A candidate must be either (i) a Citizen of India or (ii) a subject of Nepal or (iii) a subject of Bhutan or (iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st Jan. 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania ( formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination / interview conducted by the CBI Bank, but on final selection, the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
Age Limit for Clerk Recruitment in Central Bank of India ( As on 01.08.2011 ) 2013 :
Minimum : 18 Years, Maximum: 28 Years.
Relaxation of Upper Age Limit :
1.Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates.5 years
|2.||Other Backward Classes||3 years|
|3.||Physically Challenged candidates||10 years|
|4.||Ex – Servicemen / Disabled Ex – Servicemen||Actual period of service rendered in the Defence forces + 3 years ( 8 years for Disabled Ex – Servicemen belonging to SC / ST ) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years.|
|5.||Widows, Divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands and who are not remarried subject maximum age limit of 35 years for General, 38 years for OBC and 40 years for SC / ST candidates.||9 years|
|6.||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.80 to 31.12.89||5 years|
|7.||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|8.||Regular Employees of the union carbide factory, Bhopal retrenched from service ( applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only ).||5 years|
In case of a candidate who is eligible for relaxation under more than one of the above categories, the age relaxation will be available on cumulative basis with any one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted as mentioned above. This cumulative age relaxation is available to SC / ST / OBC candidates only.
Educational Qualification for CBI Bank Jobs 2013 ( As on 01.08.2011 ) :
Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. ( or ) A pass with 50% marks in HSC examination of 10 + 2 ( 10 + 2 + 3 pattern ) / 11th Std. of ( 11 + 1 + 3 ) pattern or Intermediate / Pre – University or any equivalent examination / Diploma in Banking recognized by Central / State Government or U.T. administration. ( or ) A pass with 60% marks in the aggregate in Matriculation / SSC ( old pattern ) / SSLC / 10th std. Examination of 10 + 2 + 3 pattern or equivalent.
For SC / ST / Ex – Servicemen / PC, the educational qualification is relaxed as below :
A pass in HSC examination ( 10 + 2 ) of 10 + 2 + 3 pattern / 11th Std. Examination of 11 + 1 + 3 pattern / Pre – University or equivalent examination. ( or ) A pass with 50% marks in the aggregate in matriculation / SSC ( old pattern ) SSLC / 10th Std. in ( 10 + 2 + 3 ) pattern or equivalent examination.
1. For Ex – servicemen ( who do not possess the above ) Pass in service ( Departmental ) Examination which is recognized to Civil Examination not below the rank of Higher Secondary School Examination.
2. All Educational Qualifications should be from a recognized universities / Central / State / UT administration. Candidates must specifically indicate the class / division and percentage of marks obtained / calculated to the nearest two decimals in the relevant column of the CBI Bank Clerk Recruitment 2013 application.
Where no percentage of marks is awarded by the university, but only CGPA / OGPA / DGPA is awarded the same should be converted in to percentage in terms of conversion norms of university in this regard besides indicating the CGPA / OGPA / DGPA in the CBI Bank Clerk Vacancy application form 2013. Candidates will have to produce documents evidencing conversion formula of university if called for CBI Bank interview 2013.
3. Knowledge to read, write and speak the official language of the state for which the candidate as applied is essential.
4. Apart from relevant qualification for the above post, computer literacy shall be an essential qualification.
5. Candidates should have obtained the specified IBPS Score in each test and / in aggregate in the Common Written Examination conducted for Clerical Cadre in 2011 – 12. Candidates should be able to produce the Score card in support of the scores mentioned in the CBI Bank Clerk Recruitment online application form, if called for further Interview.
D. Clerk Cut Off Marks of IBPS Score Card :
Individual Tests :
|IBPS CWE Clerks 2011 – 2012 Individual Tests|
|Name of the Test||Category wise cut off|
|General||SC / ST / OBC / PWD / EXSM|
|General Awareness with Special Reference to the Banking Industry||24||21|
|State / UT Wise, Category wise cut off marks ( TWSS ) in CWE conducted by IBPS in 2011 – 12 for recruitment in Clerical Cadre|
|Sl. No.||State / UT||Category||Out of which|
|8||Dadra & Nagar Haveli ( U.T. )||-||-||-||121||-||-||-||-|
|14||Jammu & Kashmir||121||105||126||131||105||105||-||105|
Definition of Ex – Servicemen ( EXSM ) :
i. Ex – Servicemen ( EXSM ) :
Only those candidates shall be treated as Ex – servicemen who fulfill the revised definition as laid down in Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Department of Personnel & Administrative Reforms Notification No.36034/5/85 Estt. ( SCT ) dated 27.1.86 as amended from time to time.
ii. Disabled Ex – Serviceman ( DISEXSM ) :
Ex – servicemen who while serving in Armed Forces of the union were disabled in operation against the enemy or in disturbed areas shall be treated as DISEXSM.
iii. Dependents of Ex – Servicemen killed in Action ( DXSM ) :
Ex – Servicemen killed in the following operations would be deemed to have been killed in action attributable to military service (a) war (b) war like operations or Border skirmishes either with Pakistan on cease fire line or any other country (c) fighting against armed hostiles in a counter insurgency environment viz: Nagaland, Mizoram, etc. (d) serving with peace keeping mission abroad (e) laying or clearance of mines including enemy mines as also mine sweeping operation between one month before and three months after conclusion of an operation (f) frost bite during actual operations or during the period specified by the Government (g) dealing with agitating para – military forces personnel (h) IPKF Personnel killed during the operations in Sri Lanka.
(1) Candidates still serving in Defense Services and desirous of applying under Ex – Servicemen category should submit a certificate from the Competent Authority that they would be released / retired on or before 31.03.2013 at the time of CBI Bank Clerk interview and if they fail to report with in this time their offer of appointment will be withdrawn.
(2) Ex – Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Government in Group ‘ C ’ & ‘ D ’ will be permitted the benefit of age relaxation as prescribed for Ex – Servicemen for securing another employment in a higher grade or cadre in Group ‘ C ’ / ’ D ’ under the Central Government.
However, such candidates will not be eligible for the benefit of reservation for Ex – Servicemen in Central Government jobs.
Reservation for Physically Challenged Persons :
Reservation is available to Physically Challenged Persons. Persons under Section 33 of the Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Act 1995 only such persons would be eligible for reservation who suffer from not less than 40 % of relevant disability and are certified by medical board appointed by the Central / State Government. Accordingly, candidates with the following disabilities are eligible to apply. Applicants claiming such benefits should produce certificate in original in support of their claim at the time of CBI Bank Clerk interview 2013.
Visually Impaired ( VI ) :
1. Blindness refers to condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions namely (1) Total absence of sight, (ii) Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 ( snellen ) in the better eye with correcting lenses. (iii) Limitation of the field of vision subtending in angle of 20 degree or worse.
2. Low vision means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive connection but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning of execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
Hearing Impaired ( HI ) :
The Deaf are those persons in whom the sense of hearing is non functional for the ordinary purposes of life ie total loss of hearing in both the ears. They do not hear; understand sounds at all even with amplified speech. Hearing impairments means loss of 60 decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
Orthopaedically Challenged ( OC ) :
1. Locomotor Disability means disability of bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy.
2. Cerebral Palsy means a group of non – progressive conditions of person characterized by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the pre – natal, peri – natal or infant period of development.
All the cases of Orthopedically Challenged Persons would be covered under the category of ‘ Locomotor disability or cerebral palsy ’.
On appointment, candidates will be on probation for a minimum period of 6 months. On successful completion of the probation, and if found suitable, they will be confirmed in the services of the CBI Bank.