BOB Bank Specialist Officer Recruitment 2013 Selection Procedure & Online Application Form
Selection Procedure for Bank of Baroda Specialist Officer Recruitment 2013 :
1. Depending on the number of BOB Bank vacancies, candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria for positions in MMG / S II shall be called for written test wherever BOB Bank may deem necessary.
However, for the purpose of BOB Bank interview, eligible candidates will be shortlisted for GD and / or personal interview in the ratio of 1 : 4 for General category and 1 : 5 for SC / ST / OBC candidates. In other words, 4 candidates against one vacancy in General Category and 5 candidates against one vacancy in respect of SC / ST / OBC category stipulated would be called for Bank of Baroda personal interview 2013.
Candidates possessing more than prescribed work experience in the relevant discipline shall get preference. The BOB Bank reserves its right to call for the Bank of Baroda Interview, candidates otherwise than in the above ratio at its sole discretion. However, candidates applying for the post of Officer ( Planning ) in JMG / S I and for any other post/s which Bank may deem fit, will be required to undergo BOB Bank written test and / or GD / Interview. Wherever written test is conducted, candidates shall be called for GD / Interview on the basis of their performance in the Bank of Baroda written test which is likely to be conducted at Metropolitan cities. However, BOB Bank reserves the right to cancel or add any centre.
2. GD / personal interview shall be conducted to assess the candidate’s personality, level of communication, clarity & problem solving innovativeness, level of efficiency, willingness to work in any part of the country, suitability for the post etc. The minimum qualifying marks would be 40% for General Category and 35% for Reserved Category. Candidates not clearing the personal interview will not be considered for final selection.
3. The candidates belonging to SC / ST may be given relaxation in experience, as per extant Government guidelines.
4. Subject to the vacancies available under the respective category, only those candidates who pass the BOB Bank online written test / personal interview will be shortlisted for further selection.
Bank of Baroda Specialist Officer Written Test 2013 :
The structure of the BOB Bank Written Examination which may be conducted online / offline is as follows :
|Sl. No||Name of the Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|1||Reasoning||50||50||Composite time of 2 hours|
Penalty for Wrong Answers :
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty. If for any question a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as wrong even if one of the given answers happens to be right and there will be the same penalty of 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question deducted as penalty. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Centres for BOB Bank Written Test / GD / Interview :
Bank will be holding Bank of Baroda online written test at 4 Metropolitan Centres i.e. Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata & Chennai. The GD / Interviews will be held at Bank’s Zonal Head quarters i.e. Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Baroda, Bhopal, Chennai, Delhi, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna & Pune. However, centres may be added or deleted as per Bank’s discretion.
Candidates are advised to give their preference of written test / GD / interview centre. The address for the BOB Bank written test / GD / interview centre will be advised in the Bank of Baroda call letters and also displayed on the Bank’s website one week before the dates for commencement of BOB Bank written test / interviews.
BOB Bank Call Letters for Written Test / GD / Interview :
Call letters for the purpose of Bank of Baroda Specialist Officer written test / GD / interview will be available for download from the Bank’s website or will be sent to the shortlisted / eligible candidates only through email at the email address given by them in the application form. A list of all such candidates along with details such as date, time and venue of the BOB Bank Specialist Officer interview will also be hosted on the BOB Bank’s website www.bankofbaroda.com.
Candidates are requested to regularly visit the BOB Bank’s website and keep track of the status of their candidature, from time to time. Kindly note that no other mode of communication pertaining to the interview process other than mentioned above, will be followed.
Identity Verification :
The candidate should, while appearing for the BOB Bank personal interview produce for verification in original and submit photo copies if required, the original call letter, fee payment receipt, photo identity card, such as PAN Card / Passport / Driving License / Voters Card / Bank Passbook with photograph. If the identity of the candidate is in doubt the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the Bank of Baroda written test / Interview.
Amount of Fees / Charges for Postage :
The amount of BOB Bank application fee to be paid is indicated below :
|Category of Applicant||Amount of Bank of Baroda Application Fees / Charge for postage ( Non – refundable )|
|SC / ST / Persons with Disability ( PWD )||50/-|
|GEN / OBC / Ex – Servicemen||500/-|
General Instructions for BOB Bank Specialist Officer Recruitment 2013 :
1. A candidate can apply for only one post under this project. The Bank of Baroda Specialist Officer Vacancy 2013 applications of candidates applying for more than one post will be summarily rejected.
2. The process of registration of application is complete only when fee is deposited with the BOB Bank through offline / online mode on or before the prescribed last date for the submission.
3. The candidates are requested to ensure before applying that they fulfill strictly the eligibility criteria ( viz. age, qualification and post qualification experience ) for the post as on the date of eligibility.
Admission to the written test will be purely provisional without verification of age / qualification / category ( SC / ST / OBC / PWD ) etc of the candidates with references to documents. Candidates will be subject to verification of details / documents of the candidate when they report for the BOB Bank personal interview.
4. Candidates are required to apply only ” Online “. Any other form of application shall be rejected.
5. Before applying, the candidate should ensure that he / she fulfils the eligibility and other norms mentioned in Bank of Baroda Specialist Officer Recruitment 2013 advertisement. Decision of the BOB Bank in all matters regarding eligibility of the candidate, the stages at which such scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, the documents to be produced for the purpose of the conduct of BOB Bank examination, interview, selection and any other matter relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the candidate. No correspondence or personal enquiries will be entertained by the BOB Bank in this behalf.
6. In case, it is detected at any stage of Bank of Baroda Specialist Officer recruitment that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and / or that he / she has furnished any incorrect / false information / certificate / documents or has suppressed any material fact(s), his / her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcoming/s is / are detected even after appointment, his / her services are liable to be terminated.
7. All candidates will have to produce original as well as attested photocopies of certificates regarding Qualification, Work Experience, Age and Caste ( if applicable ), in support of their eligibility at the time of BOB Bank Specialist Officer interview, failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
8. In case of candidates belonging to OBC category, the certificate inter – alia must specify that the candidate does not belong to ” Creamy Layer ” section excluded from the benefits of reservations for OBCs in Civil Post and Services under Govt. of India. OBC certificate should not be more than one year old as on the date of Bank of Baroda Recruitment 2013 application.
9. The candidates will have to appear for BOB Bank interview at their own expense. However, eligible SC / ST / PWD outstation candidates attending the Bank of Baroda Interview will be reimbursed to and fro second class ordinary train/bus fare by the shortest route on production of evidence of travel.
10. Only candidates willing to serve anywhere in India should apply.
11. Any resultant dispute arising out of this advertisement shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated at Mumbai. The BOB Bank takes no responsibility to connect any Certificate / Remittance sent separately.
12. Candidates serving in Government / Public Sector Undertaking ( including Bank ) should produce a ” No Objection Certificate ” from their employer at the time of BOB Bank Specialist officer interview, in the absence of which, his / her candidature may not be considered.
13. In case any dispute arises on account of interpretation of version other than English, English version will prevail and the version displayed on BOB Bank website shall be final.
14. Appointment of selected candidates is subject to his / her being declared medically fit as per the requirement of the BOB Bank. Such appointment will also be subject to the Service & Conduct Rules of the BOB Bank.
15. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
16. Action against candidates found guilty of misconduct :
Candidates are advised in their own interest that they should not furnish any particulars that are false, tampered, fabricated or should not suppress any material information while filling up the ” Online ” application.
17. BOB Bank reserves the right to change the selection procedure, if necessary. The change, if any, shall be communicated to the candidates in advance.
18. BOB Bank would be free to reject the candidature of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process, if he / she is found to be ineligible. If appointed, such a candidate may be summarily removed and the fees paid by the ineligible candidates shall be forfeited.
Bank of Baroda Specialist Officer Recruitment 2013 Online Application Form :
1. Candidates are required to apply Online through BOB Bank website www.bankofbaroda.com. No other means / mode of application will be accepted.
2. Candidates are required to have a valid personal email ID and Contact No. It should be kept active during the currency of this recruitment project. BOB Bank may send call letters for written test, interview etc. through the registered email ID. Under no circumstances, he / she should share / mention email ID to / or of any other person.
3. In case, a candidate does not have a valid personal email ID, he / she should create his / her new email ID before applying Online.
4. Applicants are first required to go to the BOB Bank’s website www.bankofbaroda.com and open the link ‘ Careers – Ongoing Recruitment Exercises ‘. Thereafter, open the Recruitment Notification entitled Bank of Baroda ‘ Recruitment of 90 Specialist Officers Project 2013 ‘.
Mode of Payment :
Candidates have the option of remitting fees via Online Mode or Offline Mode.
Under the Online mode, the BOB Bank Specialist Officer Recruitment 2013 application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions. The payment can be made using only Master / Visa Debit or Credit Card by providing information as asked on the screen. On successful completion of the transaction, an e – receipt would be generated. Candidates are required to take a print of the e – receipt which will have to be produced, if called for BOB Bank interview 2013.
Under the Offline Mode, kindly take a note of the following :
1. Take a print of the entire Bank of Baroda Specialist Officer Recruitment Notification, including the ‘ Fees Payment Challan ‘.
2. Fill in the BOB Bank Specialist Officer Recruitment Application Fee Payment Challan in a clear and legible handwriting in Block Letters.
3. Go to the nearest Bank of Baroda Branch with the Fee Payment Challan duly filled in and pay, in Cash the appropriate Application Fee in Account No. 29040200000289 with Bandra Kurla Complex Branch, Mumbai, in favour of Bank of Baroda ‘ Recruitment of 90 Specialist Officers Project 2013 ‘ specifying the discipline for which fees are being paid.
4. Obtain the Counterfoil ( Applicant’s Copy ) of the Fee Payment Challan duly received by the Bank with (a) Branch Name & Code Number (b) Transaction ID (c) Date of Deposit & Amount filled by the Branch Official.
Candidates may find out required branch address from BOB Bank website www.bankofbaroda.com under option Branch Locator, select State & ” City ” and press ‘ enter ‘.
5. Candidates should then scan their photograph and signature, ensuring that both the photograph and signature are within the required specifications. If the size of the file is more than the specified limit then adjust the settings of the scanner.
6. Candidates are now ready to apply Online by re – visiting the Recruitment Page of the Bank’s website and going to the sublink titled ” Online Application for Bank of Baroda Specialsit Officers Recruitment Project 2013 “. Click on this sublink will open up the appropriate Bank of Baroda Specialist Officer Recruitment 2013 Online Application Format.
7. Carefully fill in the necessary details such as Fee Payment Challan etc., in the BOB Bank Specialist Officer Vacancy 2013 Online Application Form at the appropriate places and submit the same Online.
8. Original counterfoil of the fee payment challan / online payment receipt will have to be produced, at the time of Bank of Baroda Specialist Officer written test or interview, as the case may be.
9. Without counterfoil of the fee payment challan / online payment receipt, the candidates will not be allowed to appear for Bank of Baroda Specialist Officer Written Test / Interview. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep 3 photocopies of the fee payment challan / online payment receipt for future use.
10. There is a provision to modify the submitted BOB Bank Specialist officer Recruitment 2013 online application. Candidates are requested to make use of this facility to correct the details in Bank of Baroda Specialist Officer Vacancy 2013 online application, if any. This modification facility shall be available after 2 days of registration and upto 11.02.2013. After 11.02.2013, no modification will be permitted.
11. The name of the candidate or his / her father / husband etc should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates / mark sheets. Any change / alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
1. BOB Bank Specialist Officer Recruitment 2013 Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fees once paid will not be refunded on any count nor can it be held in reserve for any other Bank of Baroda Specialist Officer recruitment or selection process.
2. The candidate must posses a valid email ID for filling the BOB Bank Specialist Officer Recruitment 2013 application. In case, candidate is not having a valid email ID, he / she can create a new email ID. This email ID should be valid for the entire duration of the project.
Guidelines for Scanning the Photograph and Signature :
Before applying online, a candidate will be required to have a scanned ( digital ) image of his / her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below :
(i) Photograph Image :
(a) Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture.
(b) Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light coloured, preferably white background.
(c) Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
(d) If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
(e) If you have to use flash, ensure theres no “ red – eye ”.
(f) If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
(g) Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable, religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
(h) Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels ( preferred ).
(i) Size of the file should be between 20kb – 50kb.
(j) Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50kb. If the size of the file is more than 50kb, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no of colours etc during the process of scanning.
(ii) Signature Imaging :
(a) The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink Pen.
(b) The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
(c) The signature will be used to put on the Hall Ticket and wherever necessary.
(d) If the applicant’s signature on the answer script at the time of the examination does not match the signature on the Hall Ticket, the applicant will be disqualified.
(e) Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels ( preferred ).
(f) Size of the file should be between 10kb – 20kb.
(g) Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20 kb.
(iii) Scanning the photograph & signature :
1. Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi ( dots per inch ).
2. Set the colour to True Colour.
3. File size as specified above.
4. Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph / signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size ( as specified above ).
5. The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is : image01.jpg or image01.jpeg. Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon. Candidates using MSWindows / MSOffice can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50 kb and 20 kb respectively by using MSPaint or MSOffice Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using ‘ Save As ’ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50 kb ( photograph ) & 20 kb ( signature ) by using crop and then resize option ( Please see point (i) & (ii) above for the pixel size ) in the ‘ Image ’ menu. Similar options are available in other photo editor also.
If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
While filling in the BOB Bank Specialist Officer Recruitment 2013 Online Application Form, the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his photograph and signature.
(iv) Procedure for uploading the Photograph and Signature :
(i) There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature.
(ii) Click on the respective link ” Upload Photograph / Signature “.
(iii) Browse and select the location where the scanned photograph / signature file has been saved.
(iv) Select the file by clicking on it.
(v) Click the upload button.
Your Bank of Baroda Specialist Officer Vacancy 2013 Online Application will not be registered unless you upload your photograph and signature as specified.
1. In case the face in the photograph or signature is unclear, the candidate’s application may be rejected.
2. After registering online, candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated BOB Bank Specialist Officer Job online application forms.
3. In case, the photograph or signature is unclear, the candidate may edit his application and re – upload his photograph or signature.
Merely satisfying the eligibility criteria norms do not entitle the candidate to be called for written test / GD / interview. The BOB Bank reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for Bank of Baroda written test / interview after preliminary screening / shortlisting with reference to the candidate’s age, qualification, essential requirements, suitability etc.
The BOB Bank reserves the right to reject any application / candidature at any stage or cancel the conduct of Bank of Baroda written test and / or interview without assigning any reason.
Government Guidelines on reservation in BOB Bank recruitment shall be applicable.
Decision of the BOB Bank in respect of all matters pertaining to Specialist Officer recruitment would be final and binding on all candidates.
Important Dates for BOB Bank Specialist Officer Recruitment 2013 :
|BOB Bank Website link open||28.01.2013|
|Payment of applictaion fees at BOB branches.||28.01.2013|
|Last Date for deposit of BOB Bank Recruitment 2013 application fees ( including for candidates from far flung areas ).||09.02.2013|