Bank of Baroda Probationary Officers Recruitment 2013
Bank of Baroda looking for young, qualified, mobile and active minds who can be inducted into Bank of Baroda as Probationary Officers in Junior Management Grade / Scale – I after imparting them with the necessary knowledge and skills required to be good all – round bankers through the 1 year Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance course in Baroda Manipal School of Banking.
|Bank of Baroda Probationary Officer Online Practice Test 2013 – Special Offer 5% Discount !!! Try Now !!!|
Bank of Baroda invites young, bright graduates or students in the final year of their graduation who fulfill the eligibility criteria specified and who are interested in a Banking career with one of India’s largest and best Banks to apply for admissions to the 1 year full – time post graduate diploma course in Banking and Finance from Manipal University to be conducted at the Baroda Manipal school of Banking, and which comes with the assurance of a full – fledged Banking career with Bank of Baroda on successful completion of the course.
Important Dates for Bank of Baroda Recruitment 2013 :
|Schedule of Events||Dates|
|Start date for Bank of Baroda Online Registration||04.05.2013|
|Online Payment of Bank of Baroda PO Application Fees||04.05.2013 to 18.05.2013|
|Offline Payment of BOB PO Application Fees||07.05.2013 to 22.05.2013|
|Last date for Bank of Baroda PO Online Registration||18.05.2013|
|Download of Call letter for BOB Probationary Officer Examination||After 25.06.2013|
|Date of BOB Examination ( Tentative )||07.07.2013|
Student intake ( For Selection Exercise of 2013 – 14 ) :
1. 4 batches of students will be inducted in Baroda Manipal School of Banking through this current selection exercise for 2013 – 14, one batch every 3 months, comprising of around 300 students per batch.
2. The total number of Student intake and reserved Student intake for 1 batch are given here under and are provisional which may vary depending upon future needs of the Bank of Baroda.
|Number of Student intake||Age ( As on 01.09.2013 )|
|45||23||81||151||300||Minimum – 21 years
Maximum – 26 years.
1. 3% Seats are reserved for PWD ( Persons with Disabilities ) candidates, to be equally distributed between OC, HI & VI. The reservation for PWD is on horizontal basis. The selected candidates will be placed in the appropriate category ( viz. SC / ST / OBC / Others ) to which they belong to.
2. Abbreviations stand for : – SC – Scheduled Castes, ST – Scheduled Tribes, OBC – Other Backward Class, PWD – Persons with Disability, OC – Orthopedically Challenged, HI – Hearing Impaired, VI – Visually Impaired.
3. The Bank of Baroda also reserves the right to take more number of candidates from reserved categories to fill in backlog from previous years, if any.
Eligibility Criteria for Bank of Baroda Recruitment 2013 :
Qualification for BOB PO Recruitment 2013 ( As on 01.09.2013 ) :
1. Degree with 60% ( 55% for SC / ST / PWD ) marks in any discipline from a recognized University ( Or )
2. Any equivalent qualification as such recognized by Central Government.
3. Students appearing in final year degree exams can also apply subject to their submitting their Final Degree Mark sheet & Provisional Certificate on or before 01.09.2013 and securing minimum percentage.
Age Limit for BOB Probationary Officer Recruitment 2013 :
Age ( As on 01.09.2013 ) Minimum 21 years – Maximum 26 years i.e. a candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.09.1987 and not later than 01.09.1992 ( both dates inclusive ).
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit
1. Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates by 5 years.
2. Other Backward Classes candidates by 3 years.
3. In the case of Ex – servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment ( including those whose assignment is due to be completed within the next one year from the last date for receipt of BOB Recruitment 2013 application ) other than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability attributable to military service or on being declared as invalid, by 5 years for selection through written test & interview, subject to ceiling, as per Govt. Guidelines.
4. All persons who have ordinarily been domiciled in Kashmir Division of J & K State during 01.01.1980 and 31.12.1989 by 5 years.
5. For Persons with Disability by 10 years which by cumulation becomes (a) by 15 years for SC / ST (b) by 13 years for OBC and (c) by 10 years for General.
1. An Ex – Serviceman, who has once joined a Government job on the civil side after availing the benefits given to him as Ex – serviceman for his re – employment including a job in Public Sector undertaking, ceases to enjoy ex-serviceman status for his further employment.
2. The relaxation in upper age limit is cumulative, as per the Government Guidelines.
3. All Persons eligible for age relaxation under para 4B (d) above must produce the domicile certificate at the time of interview from the District Magistrate in the Kashmir Division within whose jurisdiction he / she had ordinarily resided or any other authority designated, in this regard by Government of J & K to the effect that the candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of J & K during 1st January 1980 and 31st December 1989.
Nationality / Citizenship :
1. A candidate must be either i) a Citizen of India or ii) a subject of Nepal or iii) subject of Bhutan or iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
2. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination/ interview conducted by the Bank but on final selection, the offer of appointment may be given only after the Government of India has issued the necessary eligibility certificate to him.
Persons with Disabilities :
1. Only those OC persons who have locomotor disability or cerebral palsy with locomotor impairment of minimum of 40% and only those who fall in the following categories are eligible to apply under OC category :
a) BL – Both legs affected but not arms.
b) OA – One arm affected ( R or L ).
i) Impaired reach.
ii) Weakness of grip.
c) CL – One leg affected ( R or L ).
d) MW – Muscular weakness and limited physical endurance.
2. Only those Visually handicapped persons who suffer from any one of the following conditions are eligible to apply under VI category :
a) Total absence of sight.
b) Visual acuity not exceeding 6 / 60 or 20 / 200 ( Snellen ) in the better eye with correcting lenses.
c) Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle or 20 degrees or worse.
d) Candidates having low vision, of the Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of rights and full participation ) Act, 1995.
3. At the time of BOB Bank Written Examination, only blind / low vision candidates and those candidates whose writing speed is affected by cerebral palsy can use own scribe / writer at his / her own cost. In all such cases, where a scribe / writer is used, the following rules / guidelines will apply :
a) The candidate will have to arrange his own scribe at his / her own cost.
b) The academic qualification of the scribe should be one grade lower than the minimum stipulated eligibility criteria ( i.e. graduation. Hence the qualification of the scribe / writer should not be more than Std. XII pass ).
c) The scribe may be from any academic stream.
d) Both the candidate as well as scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking confirming that the scribe fulfils all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a scribe mentioned above. Further in case it later transpires that he / she did not fulfill any laid down eligibility criteria or suppressed material facts the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled, irrespective of the result of the Bank of Baroda written examination.
e) Those candidates who use a scribe shall be eligible for extra time of 20 minutes for every hour of the BOB Bank PO Examination.
Guidelines for candidates
i. with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy
An extra time of twenty minutes per hour shall be permitted for the candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy where dominant ( writing ) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function ( minimum of 40% impairment ), although no scribe shall be permitted to such candidates.
Visually Impaired candidates
1. Visually Impaired candidates ( who suffer from not less than 40% of disability ) may opt to view the contents of the test in magnified font.
2. This facility will not be available to Visually Impaired candidates who use the services of a Scribe for the Bank of Baroda PO Examination.
4. It is clarified that Persons with Disabilities on absorption in the Bank after their successful completion of the course will have to work in branches / offices.
The Competent Authority for the issue of the Certificate to SC / ST / OBC / PWD is as Under :
For SC / ST / OBC :
i. District Magistrate / Additional Dist. Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Dy. Commissioner / Dy. Collector / First Class Stipendiary Magistrate / Sub – Division Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner.
ii. Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate.
iii. Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
iv. Sub – Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
For Persons with Disability :
Authorised Certifying Authority will be a Medical Board duly constituted by the Central/ State Government having at least 3 members consisting of Chief Medical Officer, Sub – Divisional Medical Officer in the District and an Orthopedic Surgeon, Ophthalmology Surgeon, ENT Surgeon, as the case may be.