Assistant General Manager (Legal)
United Bank of India Recruitment 2017 for Assistant General Manager
United Bank of India a leading Public Sector Bank, invites applications from Indian citizens for appointment of Assistant General Manager (Legal) in SMGS-V
1. Name of the Post : Assistant General Manager (Legal)
2. Grade / Scale : SMGS-V
3. Vacancies : 01
4. Reservation in Assistant General Manager Posts :
|Scale||No of vacancies||Out of which PWD|
Abbreviations Used : SMGS: Senior Management Grade Scale SC: Scheduled Caste, ST: Scheduled Tribe, OBC: Other Backward Classes, UR: Unreserved, PWD: Persons with Disability, OC: Orthopedically challenged, VI: Visually Impaired, HI: Hearing Impaired. Note: The number of vacancies as also the number of reserved vacancies is provisional and may vary according to actual requirements of the bank.
1. Emoluments for Post of Asst General Manager (Legal) 2017 in United Bank of India
Scale : SMGS-V
Pay Scale in Rs. : 59170-1650/2-62470-1800/2-66070
DA & other allowances as applicable. will be paid as per bank‟s rules in force from time to time depending upon the place of posting. Medical, LTC, Pension, P.F., Gratuity etc. will be admissible as per bank‟s rules. Probation and confirmation: The selected candidates will be on probation for a period of 1 year from the date of joining. Their confirmation in the bank‟s service will be decided in terms of the provisions of the United Bank of India (Officer) Service Regulations, 1979. Posting and Transferability of the selected candidates: The selected candidates are liable to be transferred anywhere in India.
2. United Bank of India Eligibility Criteria for the Recruitment of Assistant General Manager 2017
Nationality/ Citizenship : A candidate must be either
- A Citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal or
- Subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be allowed to appear at the interview to be conducted by the bank but on final selection the offer of appointment will be given only after the Govt of India has issued the necessary eligibility certificate to him/her.
3. Age, Qualification and Experience as on 01.04.2017 for the post of Asst General Manager (Legal) 2017
- UBI Age Limit for Assistant General Manager : Minimum 35 years and maximum 45 years
- UBI Educational Qualification for Post of Asst General Manager (Legal) 2017 : Graduate with a degree in law or a law graduate who has passed 05 years integrated law course from a recognized university in India
United Bank of India Job Experience :
1. Minimum 10 years of experience , out of which :
- Minimum 3 years experience as an advocate in any court of law in India independently or as a member of a firm of solicitors in India (After enrolment as an advocate with the Bar Council). and
- Minimum 07 years experience as a Law Officer in any scheduled commercial bank, out of which minimum 3 years as Sr Manager (Law) in MMGS-III or/and as Chief Manager (Law) in SMGS-IV. OR
2. Minimum 10 years experience as a law officer in any scheduled commercial bank, out of which minimum 3 years as Sr Manager (Law) in MMGS-III or/and as Chief Manager (Law) in SMGS-IV.
- Proficiency in computer is essential.
- The candidate should possess excellent inter-personal and liaison skills, excellent and unblemished track record and good legal understanding & drafting skills.
- The bank reserves the right to raise or modify the eligibility criteria pertaining to educational qualification and/or work experience. Depending upon the requirement, bank reserves the right to cancel or restrict or curtail or enlarge any or all of the provisions of the recruitment process, if need so arises, without any further notice and without assigning any reason there for.
- Degrees obtained from the recognized universities or institutes recognized by the Govt of India only will be considered.
- Experience through any outside vendor, service provider, KPO/BPO or IT support services provider for any of the entities listed for the post of Deputy General Manager, Asst General Manager and Manager will not be considered.
4. United Bank of India Relaxation in Upper Age Limit : (In case of candidates belonging to the following categories.) for the post of Asst General Manager (Legal) 2017
|SI||Categories||Relaxation by number of years|
|i||SC/ST||by 5 years|
|ii||OBC||by 3 years|
|iii||Physically challenged||by 10 years|
|iv||Ex- Servicemen||by 5 years|
|v||Persons domiciled in the state of J & K during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||by 5 years|
|vi||Persons affected by 1984 riots||by 5 years|
- The relaxation in upper age limit to SC/ST/OBC candidates is allowed on cumulative basis with only one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted.
- The maximum age limit specified is applicable to general category candidates.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit necessary certificate(s) in original / copies at the time of interview and at any subsequent stage of recruitment process.
- In case of an ex-serviceman who has once joined in a government job on the civil side after availing the benefits given to him as an ex-serviceman for his re-employment , his ex-servicemen status for the purpose of re-employment in government ceases.
5. United Bank of India General Eligibility for the Recruitment of Asst General Manager (Legal) 2017 :
Medical Fitness, Character and Caste (wherever applicable) verification of selected candidates : The appointment of selected candidates will be made subject to their being declared medically fit by a doctor or a panel of doctors approved by the Bank and upon satisfactory verification of their character, antecedents and caste certificates (wherever applicable). Till such time, their appointment will be provisional.
6. How to Apply Online for United Bank of India Asst General Manager Recruitment 2017
The candidates can apply for one post only. Candidates can apply online only from 15th May, 2017 to 31st May, 2017 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Pre-requisite for applying online: Before applying online, candidates should :
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications.
- Have a valid personal e-mail ID which should be kept active till the completion of this recruitment process. Bank may send call letters of the interview etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with / mention e-mail ID to /of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new email ID before applying online and must maintain that e- mail account.
UBI Procedure for applying online :
- Candidates are first required to go to the Recruitment section of Union Bank of India website www.unitedbankofindia.com and click the option “Apply Online” to open the Online Application Form.
- To register their application candidates will have to enter their basic information as required in the specific fields.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill in the online application. No change in any of the data filled in the online application will be possible / entertained.
- No change is permitted after clicking on Final Submit button.
7. UBI Selection Procedure for Assistant General Manager 2017
The selection will be made on the basis of Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Merely satisfying the eligibility norms do not entitle a candidate to be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The Bank reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for the interview after preliminary screening / short listing with reference to candidate‟s qualification, suitability, experience etc. Selection process may vary depending upon the number responses received against each post.
However the Bank reserves the right to conduct an online examination, in case, the number of applications received from eligible candidates is reasonably high for screening / short listing the candidates for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The details of the online written test, if any shall be communicated to the candidates in advance.
Subject to the vacancies available under the respective category, only those candidates who pass the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview will be shortlisted for selection in the order of merit/ rank obtained by them under the respective category.
Please note that in case the Bank decides to conduct the online examination, such online examination will be conducted at cities in Ahmadabad, Bangaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai. The date and structure of the examination will be intimated accordingly. Bank, reserves the right to cancel or add any centre, depending upon number of candidates applied.
The selection process may vary depending on the response received and at the discretion of the Bank
8. United Bank of India Important Dates Recruitment 2017
- UBI Website Link Open 15th May, 2017
- Last date for submission of application 31st May, 2017