RESERVE BANK OF INDIA
The Reserve Bank of India invites applications from eligible candidates for 926 posts of “Assistant” in various offices of the Bank. Selection for the post will be through a country-wide competitive examination in two phases i.e. Preliminary and Main examination followed by a Language Proficiency Test (LPT).Please note that Corrigendum, if any, issued on the above advertisement, will be published only on the Bank’s website www.rbi.ora.in.
The full text of the advertisement is available on the Banks’ website www.rbi.org. in and is also being published in the Employment News/ Rojgar Samachar. Applications will be accepted only Online through the Bank’s website www.rbi.org. in. No other mode for submission of application is available.
Important Dates : –
Website Link Open : – 23.12.2019 to 16.01.2020
Payment of Examination Fees (Online) : – 23.12.2019 to 16.01.2020
Schedule of Online Preliminary Test (Tentative) : – February 14 & 15, 2020. However RBI reserves the right to change the dates of examination.
Schedule of Online Main Test (Tentative) : – March, 2020. However RBI reserves the right to change the dates of examination.
Applications are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for the post of Assistant -2019 in Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
Candidates may click on the link below for filling in the online application form. “Recruitment for the post of Assistant” – 2019
1. Application form
Before applying, Candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the post. Candidates are requested to apply online through Bank’s website www.rbi.ora.in
Helpline: In case of any problem in filling up the form, payment of examination fees or receipt of call letter, queries may be made at candidate grievance Redressal cell http://cars.ibps.in/.
Don’t forget to mention ‘RBI Assistant Examination- 2019’ in the subject box of the email.
- Ahmedabad : – Total Vacancy : – 19 Posts
- Bengaluru : – Total Vacancy : – 21 Posts
- Bhopal : – Total Vacancy : – 42 Posts
- Bhubaneswar : – Total Vacancy : – 28 Posts
- Chandigarh : – Total Vacancy : – 35 Posts
- Chennai : – Total Vacancy : – 67 Posts
- Guwahati : – Total Vacancy : – 55 Posts
- Hyderabad : – Total Vacancy : – 25 Posts
- Jaipur : – Total Vacancy : – 37 Posts
- Jammu : – Total Vacancy : – 13 Posts
- Kanpur & Lucknow : – Total Vacancy : – 63 Posts
- Kolkata : – Total Vacancy : – 11 Posts
- Mumbai : – Total Vacancy : – 419 Posts
- Nagpur : – Total Vacancy : – 13 Posts
- New Delhi : – Total Vacancy : – 34 Posts
- Patna : – Total Vacancy : – 24 Posts
- Thiruvananth apuram : – Total Vacancy : – 20 Posts
- Total Vacancy : – 926 Posts
“The Bank reserves the right to increase/ decrease the number of vacancies as per the requirement or not fill up the vacancies”. Abbreviations stand for: SC – Scheduled Caste, ST – Scheduled Tribe, OBC – Other Backward Classes, EWS- Economically Weaker Section, GEN
– General i.e. Unreserved, PWD – Persons with Disabilities, VI – Visually Impaired, HI – Hearing Impaired, OH – Orthopedically Handicapped, EXS
– Ex-Servicemen, EX-1 – Disabled Ex-servicemen/ Dependents of Ex-servicemen killed in action, Ex-2 – Ex-servicemen (normal), 4th category as defined under RPWD Act., 2016.
The vacancies in brackets () indicate backlog.
(Bhopal includes 1 vacancy for Raipur, Chandigarh includes 1 vacancy for Shimla, Guwahati includes 1 vacancy for Agartala, 1 forAizwal, 1 for Shillong and 1 for Imphal, Kanpur & Lucknow includes 38 vacancies for Lucknow and 4 for Dehradun, Kolkata includes 1 for Gangtok, Mumbai includes 3 vacancies for Pune and 1 vacancy for Panaji and 23 vacancies for Belapur and Patna includes 1 vacancy for Ranchi)
Only following categories of PWD are eligible to apply for this post:
OH- Locomotor Disability candidates: OA – One arm affected (Right or Left); BL – Both legs affected but not arms; OL – One leg affected (Right or Left), HI candidates: PD – Partially Deaf; D – Deaf, VH candidates: B – Blind; LV- Low Vision, 4th category as defined under Right of Persons with Disabilities Act. 2016 (RPWD Act., 2016). # Reservation for PWD/ EXS is horizontal reservation therefore candidates selected against the quota for persons with disabilities (PwD) will be placed in the appropriate category viz. SC/ST/OBC/General candidates depending upon the category to which they belong in the roster meant for reservation of SCs/ STs/O BCs.
Only those candidates shall be treated as Ex-Serviceman, who fulfil the revised definition as laid down in Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms Notification No.36034/5/85/Estt (SCT) dated 27th October, 1986 as amended from time to time.
Disabled Ex-Serviceman: Ex-Serviceman, who while serving in Armed Forces of the Union, was disabled in operation against the enemy or in disturbed areas, shall be treated as Disabled Ex-Serviceman.
1) Candidates, who are released / retired from Armed Forces, or whose Specified Period of Engagement (SPE) is likely to be completed on or before 01.12. 2020 only are eligible to apply under this recruitment. They will also be required to submit the release letter along with a self-declaration at the time of joining RBI that he/she is entitled to the benefits admissible to Ex-Serviceman in terms of Govt, of India rules. Those candidates, who have already completed their initial period of engagement and are on extended assignment, are required to submit certificates to that effect. If selected, all such candidates mentioned above, should get released and join RBI on or before 01.01.2021. Forms of the certificates to be submitted by all these candidates are provided in Annex II and these certificates are required to be submitted to the Bank.
2) The Territorial Army Personnel will be treated as Ex-Serviceman w.e.f. 15.11.1986.
3) An Ex-Serviceman who has once joined a Government job on the civil side after availing of the benefits given to him as an Ex-Serviceman for his reemployment, his Ex-Serviceman status for the purpose of re-employment in Government ceases.
4) The following rules applicable to Ex-Servicemen re-employed under the Central Government would apply to Ex-Servicemen candidates appearing for the online examination:
(i) Ex-Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Government in Group ‘C’& ‘D’ will be permitted the benefit of age relaxation as prescribed for Ex-Servicemen for securing another employment in a higher grade or cadre in Group ‘C’ / ‘D’ under Central Government. However, such candidates will not be eligible for the benefit of reservation on second occasion for Ex-Servicemen in Central Government jobs.
3. Eligibility Criteria :
(a) Age (as on 01.12.2019)
Between 20 and 28 years. Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/12/1991 and not later than 01/12/1999 (both days including) are only eligible to apply. „ .
Relaxation in the Upper Age Limit:
Category : –
- Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST) : – By 5 years, i.e. up to 33 years
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) : – By 3 years, i.e. up to 31 years
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) : – By 10 years (GEN/EWS) 13 years (OBC) & 15 years (SC/ST)
- Ex-Servicemen : – To the extent of service rendered by them in Armed Forces plus an additional period of 3 years subject to maximum of 50 years.
- Candidates domiciled in the state of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989. : – By 5 years
- Candidates having work experience in Reserve Bank of India : – To the extent of number of years of such experience, subject to maximum of 3 years.
- Widows/divorced women/ women judicially separated who are not remarried : – By 10 years
b) Educational Qualifications (as on 01.12.2019):
i) At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
ii) A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category (except dependents of ex-servicemen) should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defence service.
iii) Candidates applying for post in a particular recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the jj. language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the recruiting office.
(c) Scheme of Selection:
I. Preliminary Examination (Multiple Choice):
Sr. No. Name of Tests (Objective) No. of Questions Maximum Marks Total Time
1 English Language : – No. of Questions : – 30 ; Maximum Marks : – 30 ; Total Time : – 20 minutes
2 Numerical Ability : – No. of Questions : – 35 ; Maximum Marks : – 35 ; Total Time : – 20 minutes
3 Reasoning Ability : – No. of Questions : – 35 ; Maximum Marks : – 35 ; Total Time : – 20 minutes
Total : – No. of Questions : – 100 ; Maximum Marks : – 100 ; Total Time : – 60 minutes
II. Main Examination(Multiple Choice):
- Name of Tests (Objective) : – Test of Reasoning : – No of Questions : – 40 ; Maximum Marks : – 40 ; Duration : – 30 minutes
- Name of Tests (Objective) : – Test of English Language: – No of Questions : – 40 ; Maximum Marks : – 40 ; Duration : – 30 minutes
- Name of Tests (Objective) : – Test of Computer Knowledge : – No of Questions : – 40 ; Maximum Marks : – 40 ; Duration : – 20 minutes
- Name of Tests (Objective) : – Test of General Awareness : – No of Questions : – 40 ; Maximum Marks : – 40 ; Duration : – 25 minutes
- Name of Tests (Objective) : – Test of Numerical Ability : – No of Questions : – 40 ; Maximum Marks : – 40 ; Duration : – 30 minutes
- Total ; No of Questions : – 200 ; Maximum Marks : – 200 ; Duration : – 135 minutes
III Language Proficiency Test (LPT) – The candidates provisionally shortlisted from the main on-line examination will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT). The language proficiency test will be conducted in the Official / Local Language of the State concerned. Candidate not proficient in the Official / Local Language shall be disqualified.
d) BIOMETRIC DATA- Capturing and Verification
The candidate appearing for main on-line examination will be required to provide biometric data. The biometric data will be captured at the time of entry in to the examination hall and stored in the repository as a registered data. Subsequently, at the time of exit from the examination hall, biometric data captured and verified with the registered biometric data, captured at the time of entry. Further, Biometric verification will also be conducted at the time
of document verification and may also be carried out at any of the stage, as Bank may dim fit. In the event of mismatched of verification of biometric data, the candidature of the candidate will be treated as cancelled and he/she will not be considered for selection process. The biometric data will be captured from the left hand thumb, if it is damaged/ injured/deceased, the candidate shall immediately before registration of biometric process, notify in writing to the examination conducting body and avail of any of the following alternative mode of biometric capturing & verification :
a) Biometric of toes or
b) Biometric of other fingers.
If the candidate fails to notify in writing about the damaged/ injured/ deceased to the thumb at the time of registration biometric data, he/ she will be fully responsible for subsequent mismatch on account of any of the said deformities and his/her candidature will be liable to be cancelled and no communication/ correspondence in this regard will be entertained by the Bank.
In case of mismatch of biometric data, signature verification and matching of photographs taken during the on-line examination will be considered for ascertaining the identity of the candidate.
Decision of the Biometric data verification authority with regard to its status (matched or unmatched) shall be final and binding upon the candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
DETAILED GUIDELINES/PROCEDURES ARE AVAILABLE ON BANK’S WEBSITE www.rbi.orq.in
A. APPLICATION REGISTRATION
Candidates can apply online by visiting Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in only from 23.12.2019 to 16.01.2020 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED BEFORE REGISTRATION Before applying online, candidates should-
i. Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under Guideline for photograph & signature scan and upload as per Annex I of the detailed Advertisement.
Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. Bank may send call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with /mention e mail id to any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile number.
B. PAYMENT OF EXAMINATION FEES & INTIMATION CHARGES (Non-Refundable)
Payable from 23.12.2019 to 16.01.2020 (Online payment)
? 50/- for SC/ST/PWD/EXS. (Intimation Charges)
? 450 /- for OBC/General/EWS candidates (Examination fee+ Intimation Charges)
Payable from 23.12.2019 to 16.01.2020 (Online payment)
– Staff candidates are exempted from payment of examination fees & intimation charges.
Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of examination fees & intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate.
5. Service Conditions I Career Prospects:
(i) Pay Scale:
Assistants will draw a starting basic pay of 114,650/- per month (i.e. ? 13,150/-plus two advance increments admissible to Graduates) in the scale of f 13150 – 750(3) – 15400 – 900(4) – 19000 – 1200(6) – 26200 – 1300(2) – 28800 -1480(3) – 33240 – 1750(1) – 34990 (20 years) and other allowances, viz. Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc., as admissible from time to time. At present, initial monthly Gross emoluments for Assistants approximately t 36091/-.
** House Rent Allowance will not be paid to the employee, if Bank’s accommodation is provided and licence fee will be recovered from her/him @ 0.3% of pay at the starting stage of the pay scale of Class III.
Bank’s accommodation subject to availability, reimbursement of expenses for maintenance of vehicle for official purpose, Newspaper, Brief case, Book Grant, Allowance for furnishing of residence, etc. as per eligibility. Dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses for OPD treatment/ hospitalization as per eligibility; Interest free Festival Advance, Leave Fare Concession (once in two years for self, spouse and eligible dependents). Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Car, Education, Consumer Articles, Personal Computer, etc. will be available to regular employees who will put in at least two years of service. The recruits will be governed by the Defined Contribution New Pension Scheme, in addition to the benefit of Gratuity.
(iii) There are reasonable prospects for promotion to higher grades.
Please refer to detailed advertisement on Bank’s website – www.rbi.ora.in