Dena Bank Probationary Officer Recruitment Exam 2017
Dena Bank Recruitment for the post of Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
Admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Banking & Finance (PGD-B&F) through ‘Amity University’
We are looking for candidates with young, energetic and innovative minds who can be imparted with the necessary knowledge and skills required to be good all-round bankers through a 12 (Twelve) months Post Graduate Certificate in Banking and Finance course in Amity University including 9 months on-campus program and three months on the job training program in Dena Bank Branch.
On completion of these processes, the candidates will be offered appointment in the Dena Bank as Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
|Dena Bank Online Examination 2017 : 11th June, 2017 (Tentative)|
Student intake (For the selection excercise of 2017-18 Dena Bank Recruitment for PO Post)
3 batches of students will be inducted in Amity University through this current selection exercise for 2017-18 (April, 2017 to December, 2017). The intake of students in each batch will be decided by the bank, as per the requirement.
The total number of Student intake is 300 and is provisional which may vary depending upon future needs of the Bank & availability of candidates under the respective category :-
|Number of student intake per batch||Age as on 1st April, 2017|
|Unreserved||OBC||SC||ST||Total||out of which||Minimum 20 years
Maximum 29 years
Note : 3% Seats are reserved for PWD (Persons with Disabilities) candidates, to be equally distributed between OC, HI & VI. The selected candidates will be placed in the appropriate category (viz.SC/ST/OBC/Unreserved) to which they belong to.
Abbreviations Stand for : SC - Scheduled Castes, ST - Scheduled Tribes, OBC - Other Backward Class, PWD - Persons with Disability, OC - Orthopedically Challenged, HI - Hearing Impaired, VI - Visually Impaired
1. Dena Bank Recruitment Eligibility Criteria and General Information for the PO Post 2017
A. Dena Bank Exam Qualification ( As on 1st April, 2017 ) - Degree (Graduation) with minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in any discipline from a recognised University OR any equivalent qualification as such recognised by Central Government.
Calculation of Percentage : The graduation percentage and class will be calculated as per the University norms for calculation of percentage and declaration of class / results. The graduation percentage / class as appearing in the Final Year / semester / consolidated mark-sheet & Provisional / Degree Certificate will be taken into consideration for eligibility. In case the graduation percentage / class is not clearly mentioned in the mark-sheet / certificate, the candidate has to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of University / Institute indicating graduation percentage / class as per the University norms for awarding degree.
Where CGPA / OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in online application. If called for interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority interalia stating that the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
B. Dena Bank Exam eligible Age (As on 01 April, 2017) Minimum 20 years Maximum 29 years i.e.
A candidate must have been born not earlier than 1st April,1988 and not later than 1st April, 1998 (both dates inclusive).
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit for the Dena Bank Officers post
|A||Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe candidates||5 years|
|B||Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates||3 years|
|C||Ex-servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within the next one year from the last date for receipt of application) other than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability attributable to military service or on being declared as invalid||5 years for selection through written test &interview, subject to ceiling, as per Government Guidelines.|
|D||All persons who have ordinarily been domiciled in J & K State during 01.01.1980 and 31.12.1989||5 years|
|E||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|F||Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||PWD (SC-ST) - 15 years PWD (OBC) – 13 years PWD (GEN) – 10 years|
- Government guidelines in respect of age relaxation admission to an ex-serviceman shall be applicable.
- The relaxation in upper age limit is cumulative, as per the Government Guidelines
- All Persons eligible for age relaxation must produce the domicile certificate at time of interview from the District Magistrate within whose jurisdiction he/she had ordinarily resided or any other authority designated, in this regard by Government of J & K to the effect that the candidate had ordinarily been domiciled of the State of J&K during 1st January 1980 and 31st December 1989.
- All Persons eligible for age relaxation must produce a certificate the Rehabilitation Package for 1984 Riot Affected Persons sanctioned by the Government and communicated wide Ministry of Finance, Dept. of Financial Services ate from the District Magistrate to the effect that they are eligible for relief in terms of No.F.No.9/21/2006-111 dated 27th July, 2007.
C. Nationality / Citizenship Eligibility for Dena Bank Exam 2017 :
A candidate must be either :
- A Citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly. Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination/ interview conducted by the Bank but on final selection, the offer of appointment may be given only after the Government of India has issued the necessary eligibility certificate to him.
D. Persons with Disabilities :
a. Only those OC persons who have locomotor disability or cerebral palsy with locomotor impairment of minimum of 40% and only those who fall in the following categories are eligible to apply under OC category :
- BL - Both legs affected but not arms
- OA - One arm affected (R or 1)
- Impaired Reach
- Weakness of Grip
- OL - One leg affected (R or L)
- MW - Muscular weakness and limited physical endurance
b. Only those Visually impaired persons who suffer from any one of the following conditions are eligible to apply under VI category : Total absence of sight
® Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses. Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle or 20 degrees or worse.
Candidates having low vision, as defined of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of rights and full participation) Act, 1995
c. The deaf are those persons in whom the sense of hearing is nonfunctional for ordinary purposes of life i.e. total loss of hearing in both ears. They do not hear, understand sound at all even with amplified speech. Hearing Impairment means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
d. At the time of examination, only blind / low vision candidates and those candidates whose writing speed is affected by cerebral palsy can use own scribe / writer at his/her own cost. In all such cases, where a scribe / writer is used, the following rules / guidelines will apply :
The candidate will have to arrange his/her own scribe at his/her own cost. The scribe may be from any academic stream.
e. Both the candidate as well as scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking confirming that the scribe full fills all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a scribe. Further in case it later transpires that he/she did not full fill any laid down eligibility criteria or suppressed material facts the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled, irrespective of the result of the examination.
® Those candidates who use a scribe and visually impaired candidates who opt to view the contents of the test in magnified font shall be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of the examination,
* The same scribe cannot be used by more than one candidate. If violation of the above is detected at any stage of the process, candidature of both the candidate and the scribe will be cancelled.
2. Dena Bank Exam Pattern 2017
|Type||SL||Name of the Test||No. of Questions||Max.Marks||Duration|
|Objective Test||1||Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours|
|3||General Awareness(related to Banking Industry)||50||50|
|Descriptive test||5||English Language||02||50||30 Minutes|
|Group discussion #||6||-||NA||20|
|personal Interview #||7||-||NA||80|
3. How to Apply for Dena Bank Probationary Officers Exam 2017
Candidates can apply online only from 18th April, 2017 to 9th May, 2017 through the link in the careers page of the Bank’s website www.denabank.co.in and no other mode of application will be accepted.
- Pre-Requisites for Applying Online
Before applying online, candidates should :
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature are within the required specifications.
- Keep the necessary details / documents ready to make online payment of the requisite application fee / intimation charges.
Have a valid personal e-Mail ID. It should be kept active during the currency of this selection exercise. Under no circumstances, he/she should share / mention his/her e-Mail ID to / or of any other person.
- In case, a candidate does not have a valid personal e-Mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-Mail ID before applying Online for Dena Bank Exam.
Dena Bank Application Fees for exam / Intimation Charges ( Payable from 18th April, 2017 to 9th May, 2017 Online Payment ) both dates inclusive
- 50/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- 400/- for all others
Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of fees / intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate.
- Candidates are first required to go to the Dena Bank’s website www.denabank.co.in and click on the given link ( Click on the option “Click here to Apply Online” ) to open up the Online Application Form.
- Candidates will have to enter their basic details and upload the photograph and signature in the online application form. Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
4. Important Dates for Dena Bank Exams 2017
|Schedule of Events||Dates|
|Start date for Online Registration for Dena Bank Exam||18th April, 2017|
|Online Payment of Dena Bank Application Fees||18th April, 2017 to 9th May, 2017|
|Last date for Online Registration of Dena Bank Exam||9th May, 2017|
|Download of Call letter for Dena Bank Examination after||30th May, 2017|
|Date of Dena Bank Examination (Tentative)||11th June,2017|
5. Mode of Payment for Dena Bank Online Exam 2017
Candidates have to pay ONLINE through their Debit card or Credit card only.
Candidates should carefully fill in the details in the On-Line Application at the appropriate places very carefully and click on the “SUBMIT” button at the end of the Online Application format. Before pressing the “SUBMIT” button, candidates are advised to verify every field filled in the application. The name of the candidate or his/her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- The Dena Bank application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using only Master / Visa Debit or Credit Cards by providing information as asked on the screen.
- Candidates have to pay fees / intimation charges through the online payment gateway. After uploading photograph and signature, an additional page of the application form is displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details.
- If the online transaction has been successfully completed a Registration Number and Password will be generated. Candidates should note their Registration Number and Password for future reference. An E-Mail & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will be sent.
- If the online transaction has not been successfully completed then the following message is displayed ‘Your online transaction was unsuccessful’. Please register again’ Candidates may then revisit the ‘Apply Online’ link and fill in their application details again.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated.
- Candidates are required to take a print of the E-receipt.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, please wait for the intimation from the server, DO NOT press Back or Refresh button in order to avoid double charge
- For Credit Card Users : All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
In case the candidate is unable to fill in the application form in one go, he/she can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen.Candidate should note down the registration number and password. They can reopen the saved data using registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed. This facility will be available for three times only. Once the application is filled in completely, candidate should submit the data. Candidates to take a printout of the system generated fee payment challan immediately. No change/edit will be allowed after submission thereafter. The registration at this stage is provisional.
After completing the procedure of applying on-line including payment of fees, the candidate should take a printout of the system generated online application and should ensure the particulars filled in are accurate and retain it along with Registration Number and Password for future reference. They should not send this printout to the Bank.
6. Selection for Dena Bank Recruitment 2017
Candidates shall be selected through a selection process consisting of online exam (objective + descriptive) followed by Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Selected candidates will attend one year intensive training programs under Post Graduate Diploma in Banking & Finance at Amity University as above
Admission to the twelve months Post Graduate Certificate Course in Banking and Finance from Amity University to be conducted at the Amity University, NOIDA comes with an assurance of a full-fledged Banking career with Dena Bank on successful completion of the course and on-the-job training of three months in Dena Bank Branch.
Call Letters for Dena Bank Online Examination :
The date of the Dena Bank Online Examination is Tentatively Fixed on 11th June, 2017.
However, the exact date and time of the examination will be intimated in the Call Letter along with the Centre / Venue for the Examination, well in advance of the date of the Examination.
The Candidates should note that all the instructions / intimations will be provided on the Bank's website. The candidates are requested to check the website for the same from time to time for important dates and notifications.
Decision of the Bank in respect of all matters pertaining to this admission process would be final & binding on all candidates.
7. Centres for Dena Bank Online Test 2017
The state-wise list of centres for the online test :
The exact address of the venue will be advised in the call letters.
® Objective type test will be conducted online in venues across centres in India.
• Bank, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/or add some other Centres, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
- As far as possible candidates will be allotted to a centre of his/her choice however Bank also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for.
- Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/her own risks and expenses and Bank will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- No request for change of centre for Examination shall be entertained.
|State / UT / NCR||Centre|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Surat
|Daman & Diu|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
8. Selection Process of Dena Bank Recruitment 2017
Candidates shall be selected by Dena Bank through a selection process consisting of an (open) online exam followed by Group Discussions and Interviews.
The selection process aims at getting applicants who are likely to succeed at various roles in the Bank. The endeavour is to select people who are bright, have good communication skills (both oral and written), are dedicated, can work effectively in teams, are passionate about their career goals and who display integrity and a positive attitude.
# Minimum qualifying marks in group discussion and interview is 40 % (35% in case of SC/ST/OBC and Physically Handicapped candidates.
Candidates are required to obtain a minimum score in each test and also a minimum total score in the online test to be shortlisted for Group Discussion & interview. Candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion & Interview depending on the number of vacancies, cut-off in each test and total marks secured in the online test as decided by the Bank
There will be descriptive paper for test of writing skill in English which has to be completed in online mode only. The descriptive paper of only such candidates will be assessed who secure a minimum qualifying mark in the objective test.
Wrong answers in objective test will attract negative marks (1/4th of marks assigned to that question) for the online test. Along with the call letters, information hand-out and a sample test shall also be uploaded on the site which candidates can take to familiarize themselves with the nature of Test & Questions.
Group Discussion and Personal Interview :
The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in the Online Test will be arranged in descending order in each category and the candidates in the order of merit, subject to 4 times the number of intake in each category, will be called for Group Discussion and Interview. The qualifying marks in Group Discussion & Interview will be as decided by the Bank. The final merit list for selection will be on the basis of performance in Online Test (objective + descriptive), Group Discussion (GD) and Interview.