Corporation Bank Recruitment 2017 for Manager (Law)
Mangaladevi Temple Road,
Karnataka State, India.
Corporation Bank invites online applications for the Recruitment of 20 Specialist Officers Manager (Law) in Middle Management Grade Scale-II 2017-18.
Details of Corporation Bank Vacancies of Manager (Law)
- Posts : Manager (Law)
- Scale : II
- No. of Vacancies : 20
- Age (Min.) : 21 years
- Age (Max.) : 35 years
Reservation in Corporation Bank Manager (Law) Posts :
- Post & Scale : Manager (Law) MMGS-II
- No. of Vacancies : SC-3, ST-2, OBC-5, GEN-10
- Out of which PWD : OC-1, VI -, HI -, MD -
Note : The number of vacancies are provisional & may vary according to actual requirements of the Bank. Bank reserves its right of re-assessing the manpower requirement depending upon the needs of the organization & to make upward revision accordingly.
Scale of Pay for Corporation Bank Manager (Law) Job 2017 : For MMG Scale II : 31705 - 1145/1 – 32850 - 1310/10 - 45950.
Corporation Bank Eligibility Criteria (As on 31.05.2017)
Candidate intending to appear for online examination should ensure that they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria specified by the Bank before applying.
1. Nationality / Citizenship :
A candidate must be either
- A citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal or
- Subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
2. Educational Qualification and Corporation Bank Manager (Law) Post Qualification Experience :
- Candidate should hold a LL.B degree from a University / Institution / Board recognised by Government of India / approved by Government Regulatory Boards.
- Minimum educational qualification should be either full time 5 year LL.B degree or full time 3 year LL.B degree after graduation.
3 years of overall Experience as follows :
- Practice at Bar or
- Judicial Service or
- As a Law Officer in a Scheduled Commercial Bank / Central / State Government / Public Sector Undertaking.
3. Relaxation in Corporation Bank Upper Age Limit
- Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe - 5 years
- Other Backward Classes - 3 years
- Persons With Disability - 10 years
- Ex-servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs) / Short service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment. - 5 years
- Employees of Corporation Bank - 3 years
- Persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1.1.80 to 31.12.89 - 5 years
- Persons affected by 1984 Riots - 5 years
- In case of a candidate who is eligible for relaxation under more than one of the above categories the age relaxation will be available on a cumulative basis with any one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted as mentioned above subject to a maximum of 50 years.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of Interview.
- An Ex-Servicemen who has once joined a Government job on civil side after availing of the benefits given to him/her as an Ex-Servicemen for his/her re-employment, his/her Ex-Servicemen status for the purpose of the re-employment in Government jobs ceases.
4. Corporation Bank Manager (Law) Seats Reservations 2017
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD (OC/VI) candidates will be provided as per Government guidelines. Caste Certificate must be in Government approved format issued by competent authority. Caste mentioned in the certificate should conform to the caste as appearing in the Central Government list/ notification. Caste Certificate even with the slightest discrepancy in the name, spelling of the caste etc. will not be accepted.
- Persons with Disabilities : As the reservation for Persons with Disabilities is on horizontal basis, the selected candidates will be placed in the appropriate category (viz. SC/ST/OBC/ GEN) to which they belong.
- There is no reservation for Ex-servicemen candidates in the Specialist Officer cadre.
5. Corporation Bank Application Fee 2017
(Including out of Pocket / Intimation Charges) Non-Refundable :
- SC/ST/PWD(OC/VI) : 100/-
- All others : 600/-
Requisite Application Fee may be paid through online mode only.
- Online : The payment towards application fee can be made between 22nd July, 2017 and 05th August, 2017.
- Demand Drafts, Cheques, Money Orders, Postal Orders, Pay Orders, Banker‟s Cheques, postal stamps, etc., will not be accepted.
- Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fee once paid will NOT be refunded under any circumstances nor can it be held in reserve for any other future selection process.
6. How to Apply for Corporation Bank Recruitment 2017
Candidates can apply online only from 22nd July, 2017 to 05th August, 2017 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Before applying online, candidates should
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications.
- To make online payment of application fees / intimation charges keep the necessary details / documents ready.
- Have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active till the declaration of results of this selection process. Bank may send call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with / mention email ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying online and must maintain that email account.
Procedure for Corporation Bank Manager (Law) applying online
- Candidates are first required to go to the Banks‟s website www.corpbank.com and click on the Home Page to open the link “Careers” and then click on the option “Click Here to Apply online for Recruitment of Specialist Officer 2017-18” to open the online Application Form.
- Candidates will have to enter their basic details and upload in the online application form.
Schedule of Corporation Bank Events 2017
- Payment of Application Fees : 22nd July, 2017 to 05th August, 2017
- Opening date for Online Registration : 22nd July, 2017
- Last date for Online Registration : 05th August, 2017
7. Corporation Bank Selection Procedure 2017
Online written examination and Group discussion and/or interview.
A. Corporation Bank Manager (Law) Online Written Examination 2017
The structure of written examination will be conducted online as follows :
|Sl.No.||Name of the Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
Except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English & Hindi. Other detailed information regarding the written examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the call letters from the Bank‟s website.
B. Penalty for Wrong Answers
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate; there will be no penalty for that question.
C. Cutoff Score
Each candidate will have to secure a minimum score in each of the tests as well as on the Total considered to be called for Group Discussion and/or Interview. Mere passing in individual tests may not be sufficient as candidates should also score sufficiently high on Total in order of merit to be called for Group Discussion and/or interview. A candidate should qualify in the written examination, Group Discussion and/or Interview for being considered for appointment in vacancies announced. D. Examination Centers The examination will be conducted online at specified centers in State Capitals and major cities.
E. Group Discussion and/or Interview : Depending upon the number of vacancies, the Bank reserves right to call only those candidates who have sufficiently high score in the stipulated written examination for Group discussion and/or Interview. The total marks for interview will be 100. Candidates have to obtain 40 marks (35 marks for SC/ST/OBC/OC/VI candidates) to qualify in the interview.
8. Group Discussion and/or Corporation Bank Interview Centres
The Interview will be held at different centres and the address of the venue will be advised in the call letters. The address of the venues will also be displayed in the Bank‟s website one week before the dates for commencement of Interviews.
- Request for change of Centre of Interview shall NOT be entertained.
- Bank reserves the right to cancel any of the centers and/or add other centers, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.