Subject: Filling up of one post of Director (RL), Group 'A' Gazetted in Level-14 of the Pay Matrix (Rs. 144200-218200) [pre-revised pay scale PB-4 (Rs. 37400-67000/; Grade Pay Rs. 10,000/-)] in Central Revenues Control Laboratory (CRCL) under Department of Revenue on deputation (including short-term contract) basis.
One post of Director (Revenue Laboratories) in Level-14 of the Pay Matrix (Rs. 144200-218200) [pre-revised pay scale PB-4 (Rs. 37400-67000/-; Grade Pay Rs. 10,000/-)] in the Central Revenues Control Laboratory (CRCL) under the Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance is required to be filled up by deputation (including short-term contract) from amongst the officers possessing the qualification and experience as indicated in Annexure-A.
2. Previously the post had been advertised in the Employment News (20-26th October, 2018 edition), the process of which has been cancelled on administrative grounds. Accordingly, the post is being re-circulated/re-advertised.
3. The pay of the officers selected for the post will be fixed in terms of the instructions contained in the Department of Personnel and Training's O.M. No. 6/8/2009-Estt. (Pay II) dated 17th June, 2010 and as amended from time to time.
4. The details like General conditions, Eligibility Criteria, Age-limit, proforma of application form etc. are also available on the website of CBIC i.e. www.cbic.gov.in.
5. All the Ministries/Departments of the Government of India/State Govt./UTs are requested to circulate the post amongst the officers working under their charges. The applications in the given proforma (Curriculum Vitae) along with complete and up-to-date APARs of the applicants, who could be spared in the event of their selection, Vigilance Clearance, Integrity Certificate and a statement indicating Major-Minor Penalty imposed, if any, during the last 10 years, may be sent so as to reach Shri Rajendra Kumar, Deputy Secretary (Ad.llA&B), Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, Room No. 274-A, North Block, New Delhi, within 60 days from the date of publication in the Employment News.
6. The Curriculum Vitae (CV) duly supported by documents will be assessed by the Selection Committee while selecting candidates for appointment to post on deputation (including short-term contract) basis.
7. While forwarding the application, it may please be certified that the particulars furnished by the applicant are correct and that no disciplinary case is pending or contemplated against the officer concerned.
8. The applications received after the last date or without attested copies of APARs and other certificates or otherwise found incomplete will not be considered.
9. It should be made clear to the candidates that if, after selection, they are offered appointment, they will not be allowed to withdraw their names and they will be required to report for duty at a short notice.
(S. K. Jain)
Under Secretary to the Govt, of India ANNEXURE-A
1. Designation of the post : Director (Revenue Laboratories)
2. Level in Pay Matrix : Level 14 in Pay Matrix (Rs. 144200-218200/-)
3. Classification : General Central Service, Group 'A', Gazetted, Non-Ministerial
4. Mode of Recruitment: Deputation (including short-term contract)
5. Age limit: 58 years as on the closing date of receiving applications
6. Eligibility Condition : Deputation (including short-term contract):-
Officers of the Central Government or State Government or Union Territories or Universities or Recognised Research Institution or Public Sector Undertakings or Semi Government or Autonomous Organisations, -
(A) (i) holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre or Department; or
(ii) with two years’ service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in level 13A in pay matrix (Rs. 131100-216600) or equivalent in the parent cadre or Department; or
(iii) with three years' service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in level 13 in pay matrix (Rs. 118500-214100) or equivalent in the parent cadre or Department; or
(iv) with eight years' service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in level 12 in pay matrix (Rs. 78800-209200) or equivalent in the parent cadre or Department; and
(B) possessing the following educational qualifications and experience: -Essential:
(i) Ph.D degree in Chemistry or allied subjects from a recognised University;
(ii) twelve years' experience in Chemical Analysis of different commodities or Research in Analytical or Inorganic or Organic Chemistry from Government or Autonomous Bodies or Statutory Bodies or University or recognised Research Institute, [‘Research in Analytical or Inorganic or Organic Chemistry' is for that experience which individual gains during his regular studies for doctoral degree (Ph.D) (not along with the job) after getting registered with a recognised university or equivalent for that degree in the field of Analytical or Inorganic or Organic Chemistry and has also been awarded a doctoral degree (Ph.D) on the basis of that experience].
One year training or experience in modern methods of Chemical Analysis including spectroscopic and chromatographic methods of analysis from Government or Autonomous Bodies or Statutory Bodies or University or recognised Research Institute. Note-1: The departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation and similarly, deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
Note-2: Period of deputation (including short-term contract) including period of deputation (including short-term contract) in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other Organization or Department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed five years.
Note-3: The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation (including short-term contract) shall be not exceeding 58 years as on the closing date of the receipt of applications.