TNAU Recruitment 2017 for Assistant Agriculture Officer 2017
Applications are invited through online mode in the Tamil Nadu Agriculture University website www.tnau.ac.in upto 22.05.2017 for Direct Recruitment to the vacancy in the following post :
Applications in the prescribed format are invited upto 5.00 P.M. on 22nd May, 2017 for Direct Recruitment to the vacancies for the following post :
|Name of the Post||Number of vacancies||Scale of Pay|
|Assistant Agricultural Officer||206||5200 – 20200 with G.P. 2800/-|
2. TNAU Distribution of Assistant Agriculture Officer Vacancies 2017
|Communal Rotation||G||W||W (DW)||G (PSTM)||W (PSTM)||G (Ex-Ser.)||Ex-Ser. (PSTM)||G (Deaf)||G (Ortho.)||Total|
G – General, W – Women, DW –Destitute Widow, PSTM –Persons studied in Tamil Medium, Ex-Ser. – Ex-Servicemen, BCM – Backward Class Muslim, BC – Backward Class, GT – General Turn, MBC/DNC – Most Backward Class / Denotified Community, SCA – Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars), SC – Scheduled Caste, ST – Scheduled Tribe, NP – Non- Priority, P – Priority.
3. TNAU Applications & Fees for Assistant Agriculture Officer 2017
- The candidates are requested to submit the applications through online, Applicants can print / save their application in PDF Format.
- The candidates are requested to send a copy of the printed application form along with the Demand Draft for 500/- for SC / SC(A) / ST category and 750/- for others drawn in favour of "The Comptroller, Tamil Nadu Agriculture University, Coimbatore – 641 003 and dated not earlier than 03rd May, 2017 and with the copies of the relevant academic certificates to the Registrar, Tamil Nadu Agriculture University, Coimbatore – 641 003 by Registered post with acknowledgment Due or by courier mail or in person and the envelope containing the applications should be superscribed on the left corner as "Application for the post of Assistant Agricultural Officer" before 5.00 P.M. on 22nd May, 2017.
- Concession in the matter of fees allotted to SC, SC(A) and ST categories of person has to produce evidence for such claim.
4. TNAU Important Dates for Assistant Agriculture Officer Job
|a.||Date of Notification||03.05.2017|
|b.||Last date for submission of application through online||22.05.2017|
|c.||Last date for submission of application along with Demand Draft||22.05.2017|
5. TNAU Qualifications for Assistant Agriculture Officer Post
(a) Age ( As on 30.04.2017 )
|Sl. No.||Category of Candidates||Minimum Age (Should have Completed)||Maximum Age (Should not have completed)|
|1.||SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all Castes||18 years||No Maximum Age Limit|
|2.||“Others” (i.e. Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs & BCMs)||18 years||30 years|
(A) Age Concession for the Post Assistant Agriculture Officer
- For Differently Abled Persons : Differently Abled Persons are eligible for age concession up to 10 years over and above the maximum age limit.
- For Ex-servicemen
- No maximum age limit for the Applicants who belong to SC, SC (A), ST, MBC / DC, BC and BCM.
- The maximum age limit is 48 years for “others” (i.e.) Applicants not belonging to any of the above said categories.
- The age concession will not apply to the Applicants those who have already been recruited to any class or service or category.
Note : “Others” [i.e. Applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs] who have put in 5 years and more of service in the State / Central Government are not eligible to apply even if they are within the age limit.
(B) TNAU Educational Qualification (as on 30.04.2017) for the Post Assistant Agriculture Officer
Applicants should possess the following Qualification :
|Name of the Post||Scale of Pay||Qualification|
|Assistant Agricultural Officer||5200 –20200 with G.P. 2800/-||1. Must have passed Higher Secondary (Plus Two) Examination.|
|2. Must possess Diploma in Agriculture / Horticulture from the Institutions recognized by the Government of Tamil Nadu or affiliated with the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University; or Gandhigram Rural Institute, Dindigul District; or Any other institutions under the control of the Director of Agriculture / Horticulture.|
(i) Must possess adequate knowledge in Tamil *
- The qualification prescribed for this post should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies SSLC, HSC and Diploma. The results of exam should have been declared on or before the date of notification.
- Applicants claiming equivalence of qualification to the prescribed qualification should produce and submit evidence for equivalence of qualification in the form of G.O. issued prior to the date of this notification when called for, failing which their application will be summarily rejected. The G.O’s issued regarding equivalence of prescribed qualification after the date of this notification will not be accepted.
(C) Scheme of TNAU Assistant Agricultural Officer Written Examination (Objective Type)
|SI.No.||Subject||Maximum Marks||Duration of Examination|
|1.||Written Examination PAPER I (150 questions) Agriculture / Horticulture (Diploma Standard)||150||2 ½ Hours|
|2.||PAPER II (50 questions) General Studies (+2 Standard)||50|
- The question paper in Paper I and II will be set both in Tamil and English.
- The syllabus for the subjects mentioned in Paper-I and Paper-II.
- Diploma in Agriculture candidates refer the syllabus content given under (A) Diploma in Agriculture and Diploma in Horticulture candidates refer the syllabus content given under (B) Diploma in Horticulture.
(D) TNAU Selection Procedure for Assistant Agriculture Officer Post
Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e.,
- Written Examination and
- Oral Test in the form of an interview. Final selection will be made on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates at the Written Examination and Oral Test taken together subject to the rule of reservation of appointments.
6. TNAU Examination Centres 2017
- Hall tickets will be sent to the communication address of the eligible candidates.
- TNAU Exam Centres :
- Agricultural College and Research Institutes viz., Coimbatore, Madurai, Killikulam, Vazhavachanur
- Horticultural College and Research Institute, Periyakulam.
- Anbil Dharmalingam Agricultural College and Research Institute, Trichy.
- Written examination will be of Objective type using OMR sheets.
- Short listed candidates will be called for oral interview at TNAU, Coimbatore.
Applicants should appear for the written examination / Oral Test / Certificate Verification at their own expenses.
10. Certificate of Physical Fitness
Applicants selected for appointment to the post will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness Certificate obtained from the Tamil Nadu Agriculture University Medical Officers in the prescribed Tamil Nadu Agriculture University Format.
Tamilnadu Agriculture University Online Application can be submitted up to 22nd May, 2017 till 05.00 P.M., after which the link will be disabled.
TNAU Syllabus for Agriculture ( Paper-I )
(A) Diploma in Agriculture :
|1.||Principles of Agronomy and Agricultural Meteorology|
|2.||Irrigation and Weed Management|
|3.||Soils and their management|
|4.||Propagation methods in Horticultural crops|
|5.||Basic and applied microbiology|
|6.||Farm Machinery and Post harvest Processing|
|7.||Agronomy of Field Crops- I|
|8.||Fundamentals of Livestock and Poultry Production|
|9.||Vegetable and Fruit culture|
|10.||General and Economic Entomology|
|11.||Principles of Plant Pathology|
|12.||Soil Nutrient Management|
|13.||Energy and Environment|
|14.||Crop diseases and their management|
|16.||Dry farming and agroforestry|
|17.||Agricultural economics and marketing|
|18.||Crop pests and their management|
|19.||Breeding of field crops|
|20.||Agronomy of field crops|
|21.||Seed production techniques in field crops|
|22.||Spices, Plantation, Medicinal plants and Floriculture|
|24.||Extension methods and audio visual aids|
(B) Diploma in Horticulture :
|1.||Basics in Horticulture|
|2.||Plant propagation practices|
|3.||Fundamentals of Agronomy|
|4.||Soil and Fertility management for Horticultural crops|
|5.||Farm Machinery for Horticultural crops|
|6.||Basics in Livestock Management and Poultry Production|
|7.||Fruit crops Production Technology|
|8.||Dry Land Horticulture|
|9.||Basics of Ornamental gardening and Landscaping|
|10.||Medicinal and Aromatic crops production technology|
|11.||Agroforestry and Silvihorticulture|
|12.||Irrigation and Weed management in Horticultural crops|
|13.||Basics in Plant protection|
|14.||Vegetable crops Production Technology|
|15.||Flower crops Production Technology|
|16.||Spice crops Production Technology|
|17.||Pests of Horticultural crops and their Management|
|18.||Diseases of Horticultural crops and their management|
|20.||Plantation crops Production Technology|
|22.||Seed production Technology of Horticultural crops|
|23.||Post Harvest Handling and value addition of Horticultural crops|
|24.||Farm Management and Marketing|
|25.||Fundamentals of Extension Education|
TNAU Syllabus for General Studies (H.S.C. Standard) (Paper-II)
Unit‐I : General Science :
Physics Nature of Universe ‐ General Scientific laws‐Inventions and discoveries‐National scientific laboratories‐Mechanics and properties of matter‐Physical quantities, standards and units‐Force, motion and energy Magnetism, electricity and electronics‐ Heat, light and sound.
Chemistry ‐ Elements and Compounds‐Acids, bases and salts‐Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides.
Botany ‐ Main Concepts of life science‐Classification of living organism‐Nutrition and dietetics‐Respiration.
Zoology ‐ Blood and blood circulation‐Reproductive system‐Environment, ecology, health and hygiene‐Human diseases, prevention and remedies‐Animals, plants and human life.
Unit‐ II : Current Events :
History Latest diary of events‐national ‐ National symbols‐Profile of States‐Eminent persons &places in news‐Sports & games‐Books & authors ‐Awards & honors’‐India and its neighbours.
Political Science ‐ Problems in conduct of public elections‐Political parties and political system in India‐Public awareness & General administration ‐Welfare oriented govt. schemes, their utility.
Geography ‐ Geographical landmarks‐
Economics - Current socio‐economic problems.
Science - Latest inventions on science & technology.
Unit - III : Geography Earth and Universe‐Solar system‐Monsoon, rainfall, weather & climate‐Water resources ‐‐‐ rivers in India‐Soil, minerals & natural resources‐Forest & wildlife‐Agricultural pattern‐Transport & communication‐Social geography population‐density and distribution‐Natural calamities – Disaster Management.
Unit – IV : History and culture of India and Tamil Nadu Indus valley civilization‐Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas‐Age of Vijayanagaram and the bahmanis‐South Indian history‐Culture and Heritage of Tamil people‐India since independence‐ Characteristics of Indian culture‐Unity in diversity – race, colour, language, custom‐India‐as secular state‐Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN‐Political parties and populist schemes.
Unit ‐ V : Indian Polity :
Constitution of India‐‐Preamble to the constitution‐ Salient features of constitution‐ Union, state and territory‐ Citizenship‐rights amend duties‐ Fundamental rights‐ Fundamental duties‐ Human rights charter‐ Union legislature – Parliament‐. State executive‐ State Legislature – assembly‐ Local government – panchayatraj – Tamil Nadu‐ Judiciary in India – Rule of law/Due process of law‐. Elections‐. Official language and Schedule‐VIII‐. Corruption in public life‐Anti‐corruption measures –CVC, lokadalats, Ombudsman, CAG‐ Right to information‐Empowerment of women‐ Consumer protection forms.
Unit ‐ VI : Indian Economy :
Nature of Indian economy‐ Five‐year plan models‐an assessment‐Land reforms & agriculture‐Application of science in agriculture‐Industrial growth‐Rural welfare oriented programmers‐Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty‐Economic trends in Tamil Nadu.
Unit - VII : Indian National Movement :
National renaissance‐‐Emergence of national leaders‐Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore‐Different modes of agitations‐Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & others.
Unit - VIII : Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests :
Conversion of information to data‐Collection, compilation and presentation of data ‐ Tables, graphs, diagrams‐Parametric representation of data‐Analytical interpretation of data ‐ Simplification‐Percentage‐Highest Common Factor (HCF)‐Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)‐Ratio and Proportion‐Simple interest‐ Compound interest‐Area‐Volume‐Time and Work ‐ Logical Reasoning‐ Puzzles ‐ Dice‐Visual Reasoning‐Alpha numeric Reasoning‐Number Series.