FCI Recruitment 2017 for Watchman (Category IV)
Food Corporation of India invites application for the following post
- Name of Post : Watchman (Category IV)
- Scale of Pay : 8100-18070**
- Age Limit as on 01.07.2017 : 18-25 years*
- No. of Vacancies : 55
The breakup of vacancies is as follows :
SC-10, ST-1, OBC-15, UR-29, Total - 55
Out of 55 total posts, No of Posts horizontally reserved for PwD Candidates and Ex-Servicemen are as below :
- PWD - 2( OL,BL )
- Ex-Servicemen - 13
Qualification for FCI Watchman Recruitment 2017
Middle Standard Pass (Min 8th Class Pass)*
* Candidates who have completed and possess the Qualification by 01.07.2017 are only eligible to apply. Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying exam or their proof of passing / result is not yet declared by 01st July, 2017 are not Eligible for applying for the posts.
FCI Selection Process for Watchman
The selection shall comprise of a written test to be conducted on 20th August, 2017 (Sunday) at 10 locations, followed by Physical Endurance Test (PET) for shortlisted candidates on a Date and Venue which shall be notified later.
Food Corporation of India Test Center Code
- Chennai - 01
- Vellore - 02
- Coimbatore - 03
- Madurai - 04
- Tuticorin - 05
- Thanjavur - 06
- Puducherry - 07
- Trichy - 08
- Salem - 09
- Nagercoil - 10
The written test shall be held in Tamil/Hindi/English language in the Offline mode (Objective type). The said test shall be of 2 hours duration and shall have 100 Objective type questions with Multiple Choice Answers.
The subject wise weightage of question papers :
Subject - Weightage
- General Knowledge - 25%
- Current Affairs - 25%
- Mathematics - 25%
- English Language & Grammar - 25%
Note : The candidate has to specify the preferred language in which he intends to appear for the written test for papers 1 to 3 while submitting the application online.
All questions will carry equal 01 mark. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in all multiple choice questions.
Food Corporation of India Physical Endurance Test 2017
The shortlisted candidates will have to attend Physical Endurance Test (PET) at the centres which shall be notified later.
For Male Candidates
- Running - 1000 Meter in 05 minutes 30 seconds
- Long Jump - 4.000 Meter
- High Jump - 1.35 Meter
For Female Candidates
- Running - 800 Meter in 05 minutes
- Long Jump - 3.000 Meter
- High Jump - 1.00 Meter
- The Physical Endurance Test (PET) is of qualifying nature only.
- The final merit will be decided on the basis of Written test subject to qualifying the Physical Endurance Test (PET). Only those candidates who are qualified in the Physical Endurance Test will be considered for final selection.
- The number of candidates will be shortlisted for Physical Endurance Test (PET) in the ratio of 1:3 and will be informed about the venue of PET directly and also through the website. The candidates are advised to keep watching the website.
- Fitness Certificate from the Registered Civil Surgeon along with eye/vision test has to be brought by the short listed candidate at the time of attending PET without which the candidature shall be liable to be cancelled.
Visual acuity unaided (Near Vision) Uncorrected Visual Acuity (Distant Vision) Refraction Color Vision Remarks Better Eye Worse Eye Better Eye Worse Eye N6 N9 6/6 6/9 Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses CP-III by Ishihara For right handed person, the right eye is better eye and vice versa. Binocular vision is required.
- Physical Endurance Test (PET) for PWD/PH is exempted.
- No TA (Travelling Allowance) shall be paid for attending the Written Test / Physcial Endurance Test.
In case the requisite number of Candidates are not available to fill up the vacancies, then at the discretion of Competent Authority, an additional list for the Physical Endurance Test may be drawn based on the merit of Written Test.
Food Corporation of India Reservation and Age Relaxations
1. The prescribed qualifications, experience and the age limit shall be reckoned as on 01- 07-2017 . The maximum age limit can be relaxed by 5 years in case of SC / ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates.
2. The upper age limit is relaxed by 10 years for PWD/PH candidates belonging to UR category, 13 years for PWD/PH candidates belonging to OBC and 15 years for PWD/PH candidates belonging to SC/ST. The aforesaid reservation is not applicable to OBC candidates falling within the creamy layer.
3. Age is additionally relaxable by 5 years for those applicants who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989. Any applicant intending to avail the relaxation under this category shall have to submit a certificate from the District Magistrate within whose jurisdiction she/he had ordinarily resided or any other authority designated in this behalf by the Govt. of Jammu & Kashmir to the effect that she/he had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989.
4. For Ex-Servicemen, the Upper Age limit shall be relaxed by allowing the deduction of length of actual Military Service from their actual age and the resultant age should not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for the Post by more than 3 years in case of UR,6 years in case of OBC-NCL Candidates and 8 years in case of SC/ST.
- SC, ST, OBC and PWD (PH) candidates, who are selected on their own merit without relaxed standards, alongwith candidates belonging to other communities, will not be adjusted against the reserved share of vacancies. Such SC,ST,OBC and PWD (PH) candidates will be accomodated against the general/unreserved vacancies, in the post as per their position in the Overall Merit List or vacancies earmarked for their category, whichever is advantageous to them. The reserved vacancies will be filled up separately from amongst the eligible SCs,STs,OBCs, and PWD (PH) candidates who are lower in merit than the last general candidate on merit list of unreserved category but otherwise found suitable for appointment by relaxed standard.
- A person with physical disability who qualifies the examination under General Standards can be appointed against an unreserved vacancy provided the post is identified suitable for person with disability of relevant category.
- Ex-serviceman who have already secured employment in civil side under Central Government in Group 'C' & 'D' posts on regular basis after availing of the benefits of reservation given to Ex-Servicemen for their re-employment are NOT eligiblefor fee concession or for claiming benefits of reservation under EXS category. However, they are eligible for age relaxation.
- Age relaxation is not admissible to sons, daughters and dependents of Ex-Servicement.
- The period of "Call up Service" of an Ex-Serviceman in the Armed Forces shall also be treated as service rendered in the Armed Forces for purpose of age relaxation.
How to Apply for FCI Watchman Recruitment 2017
- Food Corporation of India application should be submitted online through the website www.fcijobportaltn.com.
- Application should be made in online mode only. The last date of applying (online mode) is 08th August, 2017. The candidate has to fill all the details online, and upload all relevant documents in support of his/her candidature.
- The online admit card shall be generated on the above website i.e. (www.fcijobportaltn.com), 6 days prior to the date of the written exam. The candidates are advised to carry the print-out of the admit card for attending the exam along wit a original Photo ID Proof.
- The Management reserves the right to change the Date of Examination and the centres and the details of such changes shall be uploaded on the website. The candidates are advised to check the portal for any such changes. There shall be no separate intimation to the candidates.
FCI Important Dates 2017
- Start date of Food Corporation of India Online Application : 17th July, 2017
- Last date for FCI online submission of application : 08th August, 2017
- Date of Uploading of Food Corporation of India Admit Card : 16th August, 2017
- Date of FCI Written Test : 20th August, 2017